Should I register for multiple test dates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doctorobvious

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a little bit of a unique situation. I would like to take the June 13th MCAT, but I'm not sure where I will be at the time. I am applying for a research program at another university that is due in early Feb., and I won't know if I got accepted until at least March. This program starts May 26.

So if I get into the program, I would need to take the MCAT at that university. If I don't get in, I'll need to take it at my university. Seeing how quickly the April/May dates filled up, I don't think I should wait until March to register.

I have thought about registering at both locations and then just canceling one in March (would cost about $100), but I'm not sure if you can register for multiple MCAT's at the same time.

Any advice?
 
someone told me that you can't be registered for multiple mcat dates/locations at once. they dont like having someone "hog" multiple sites bc seats are limited. you should double check with the aamc website.
 
AAMC will not allow you to register for more than one test at a time. If you register for the exam in one city and need to move it to another, you can pay a $50 fee to change your location (and/or date).

Once you take the test, you cannot sign up for a new test until about 2 days later.

My other advice is to read the AAMC MCAT Essentials, since it answers all of your questions.