You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
So it goes.
Started by benbk
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm 24 also, there are other people our age I wouldn't worry about it. I'm in undergrad right now and I do get very sad when I reference Transformers and Ninja turtles while everyone else is referencing the Power Rangers 🙁.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
benbk said:Seinfeld in medicine:
I have referred to the Junior Mint incident and the gonorrhea acting several times with other interviewees, only for my references of hilarity to fall on deaf ears.
I'm 24...am I already superannuated for the incoming c/o 2009?
I see youve been reading Kurt Vonnegut. I thought Slaughter House Five sucked. "so it goes"
Medikit said:I'm 24 also, there are other people our age I wouldn't worry about it. I'm in undergrad right now and I do get very sad when I reference Transformers and Ninja turtles while everyone else is referencing the Power Rangers 🙁.
Hahaha... I'm 21, so I'm inbetween the age groups you are talking about. I was all about ninja turtles and Transformers as a youngster, but I was young enough to "appreciate" Power rangers in their hayday, so I can relate to either time period. Luckily I had younger brothers so I can appreciate Pokemon, but anything after Pokemon I am totally clueless about.
SanDiegoSOD said:Hahaha... I'm 21, so I'm inbetween the age groups you are talking about. I was all about ninja turtles and Transformers as a youngster, but I was young enough to "appreciate" Power rangers in their hayday, so I can relate to either time period. Luckily I had younger brothers so I can appreciate Pokemon, but anything after Pokemon I am totally clueless about.
When I say "Transformers" do you think of Prowl and Megatron or do you think of Ultra Magnus and Galvatron? If you know what I'm talking about when I relate biological "receptomes" with the constructicons and Devastator then you are alright in my book 👍.
Damn Medikit! You really know your transformers. I can hearken to Megatron, Ultra Magnus, and Galvatron, but Prowl? Was he a big time kind-of-guy, or are you just making things up at this point? 👍
SanDiegoSOD said:Damn Medikit! You really know your transformers. I can hearken to Megatron, Ultra Magnus, and Galvatron, but Prowl? Was he a big time kind-of-guy, or are you just making things up at this point? 👍
Sigh, well did you get the thing about the receptomes? You can still redeem yourself if you know who Brawn or Wheeljack are. Bonus points for knowing who Jetfire was good friends with back on Cybertron.
Medikit said:Sigh, well did you get the thing about the receptomes? You can still redeem yourself if you know who Brawn or Wheeljack are. Bonus points for knowing who Jetfire was good friends with back on Cybertron.
I like you.
Medikit said:I'm 24 also, there are other people our age I wouldn't worry about it. I'm in undergrad right now and I do get very sad when I reference Transformers and Ninja turtles while everyone else is referencing the Power Rangers 🙁.
Hey, I'm 22 and I loved the Ninja Turtles. I even had the little toy van that shot mini plastic pizzas.
I used to play "Ninja Turtles" with some boys in my third grade class. They always made me be "April" since I am a girl. I so badly wanted to play "Donatello"!!!
I'm 26... anything later than Megatron and Optimus Prime is blasphemy.
And I still have my original Princess Leia-in-bounty-hunter-disguise action figure.
And I still have my original Princess Leia-in-bounty-hunter-disguise action figure.
AnotherDork said:I'm 26... anything later than Megatron and Optimus Prime is blasphemy.
And I still have my original Princess Leia-in-bounty-hunter-disguise action figure.
I'm 29. Optimus Prime was the big dog in my day. I was also into He-Man. Remember the little floating guy, Arco?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I loved the Transformeres as a kid, but I don't remember any of their names. Maybe I was too young. Ninja Turtles were awesome, and I also liked He-Man and She-Ra. 😀
Power Rangers sucked and I feel like I was way too old to be into them when they came out.
Power Rangers sucked and I feel like I was way too old to be into them when they came out.
bmcgilligan said:I used to play "Ninja Turtles" with some boys in my third grade class. They always made me be "April" since I am a girl. I so badly wanted to play "Donatello"!!!
I'm always interested in who people's favorite ninja turtles are. Since yours is obviously April O'Neil since you are a girl and you always played with April O'Neil as you say then I would have to say that you are probably a very high maintenance person who requires a lot of attention.
i61164 said:I'm 29. Optimus Prime was the big dog in my day. I was also into He-Man. Remember the little floating guy, Arco?
I had trouble telling the difference between Gorko and Jawas
Ok this thread is like heroin into my vein.
My favorite character was Casey Jones. His action figure rocked because of the hockey mask and the staff. I remember having the action figure Baxter McFly also, but no one liked it.
Also - I can't wait to go to med school so that my seinfeld references will be met with laughter and not silence.
Am I the only one who loves seinfeld and...in turn HATES friends? I think those shows are polar opposites and can't imagine someone liking both.
Seinfeld is so finely crafted, whereas Friends is just some popculture amalgam and appeals to such a low denominator. Just my thoughts.
My favorite character was Casey Jones. His action figure rocked because of the hockey mask and the staff. I remember having the action figure Baxter McFly also, but no one liked it.
Also - I can't wait to go to med school so that my seinfeld references will be met with laughter and not silence.
Am I the only one who loves seinfeld and...in turn HATES friends? I think those shows are polar opposites and can't imagine someone liking both.
Seinfeld is so finely crafted, whereas Friends is just some popculture amalgam and appeals to such a low denominator. Just my thoughts.
I'm 24 also and I do feel out of place especially since I live in a college town. I grew up watching TMNT and loved the first movie when it came out. The new ninja turtles cartoon is crap - none of the humor and personality of the original series. Also, I try talking baseball with little cousin, and he has no idea who Nolan Ryan, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, or Rickey Henderon are. Kinda makes me feel old. I guess I am old. Almost reaching a quarter of a century.
Freakingout said:I'm always interested in who people's favorite ninja turtles are. Since yours is obviously April O'Neil since you are a girl and you always played with April O'Neil as you say then I would have to say that you are probably a very high maintenance person who requires a lot of attention.
I didn't want to play April...the boys made me. I really wanted to be Donatello.
bmcgilligan said:I didn't want to play April...the boys made me. I really wanted to be Donatello.
Michaelangelo was the best ninja turtle out there. Donatello and Leonardo tie for second. Raphael was the worst though...he was so boring and uninteresting. His weapon also sucked. I refused to be April whenever playing ninja turtles too. Honestly, an all yellow one piece outfit?? What IS that??! She was so lame and chick-like...ugh. I hated her.
skiracer90 said:Michaelangelo was the best ninja turtle out there. Donatello and Leonardo tie for second. Raphael was the worst though...he was so boring and uninteresting. His weapon also sucked. I refused to be April whenever playing ninja turtles too. Honestly, an all yellow one piece outfit?? What IS that??! She was so lame and chick-like...ugh. I hated her.
Raphael was my favorite. He was the sarcastic smarta$$. Just because you didn't get his humor doesn't mean he wasn't the best turtle. Michaelangelo was stupid (the turtle, not the artist) all he did was eat pizza.
skiracer90 said:Raphael was the worst though...he was so boring and uninteresting.
Raphael was badass, he was the rebel. You always knew that when he spoke he was going to tell it like it was and not waste time trying to be diplomatic like Leonardo. Sais are awesome as well.
People who like Michaelangelo tend to be happy-go-lucky but are often superficial.
tacrum43 said:Raphael was my favorite. He was the sarcastic smarta$$. Just because you didn't get his humor doesn't mean he wasn't the best turtle. Michaelangelo was stupid (the turtle, not the artist) all he did was eat pizza.
Hey, when you're 5 years old, the cartoon turtle who is eating the pizza and saying "dude" every 3 seconds seems like the cool one. Raphael always seemed annoyed. Then again, my memory is kind of clouded since this was so long ago.
Hey guys speaking of the ninja turtles anyone still remember the scene in the second movie where they start break dancing to Vanilla Ice, I still think hands down that was the best movie the turtles ever made...man its been a long time..
Dr2010 said:Hey guys speaking of the ninja turtles anyone still remember the scene in the second movie where they start break dancing to Vanilla Ice, I still think hands down that was the best movie the turtles ever made...man its been a long time..
"Go ninja, go ninja, go!"
Similar threads
- Replies
- 18
- Views
- 2K