Step III SO, when CCS 2min window pops up, do you cancel everything?

Started by cards99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cards99

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So when the 2min windows pops up in CCS, do you cancel everything (.ie abx, IVF)...or you just add as if you are still treating the patient (say in...inpatient)
 
I'm reading MTB and he pretty much says to use some common sense and show management. For example: If treating someone for CAP and they improved enough to go home.... I'd switch them from IV to PO meds, DC any therapies specific to the hospital, schedule a follow-up visit, etc... I don't believe you just stop every intervention once someone is stable enough to go home or maintain drugs/therapies that would require nursing visits when switching delivery routes makes more sense.