Srsly…what do I do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's hard to say given the amount of info given. What is your cGPA and sGPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I see. That's not bad.

Taking a W is not that big of a deal in my opinion. If you think you'll do much better next time then go ahead and drop it.

I feel like A- >>> W, especially as it sounds like you have a full bio schedule coming up and having to redo biochem might delay that or add more to your course load.

Reactions: 1 users
A B+ is not worth withdrawing over, and retaking for an A would not affect your GPA nearly enough to matter. Would you even keep full time student status with less than 12 credits?

Reactions: 1 user
A B or A-/B+ is much better than a W. Your gpa is good overall, just don't slack in your other classes and do better on your next tests

First, I agree that a potential B+ or B or even a B- is nothing to withdraw over. Withdrawing from Biochem and then telling med schools you weren't doing well or were busy studying for the MCAT is probably going to look bad. What were you doing other than MCAT studying that you didn't have enough time to prepare? I would have made acing my classes first priority, MCAT studying second. You can always reschedule your MCAT date. I'd rethink your study habits in general so you bump those B's and B+'s up to A's. Just from what I've read, taking only 12 credits and saying you didn't have enough time to study is not a good sign.

If I were you, I'd stick with biochem and put my time and energy into my college grades and get them where I want them to be, and then worry about the MCAT. I'm not saying stop studying for the MCAT entirely until your grades go up, but make your coursework top priority, and figure out how you can improve your study skills.

No, I would be put under part-time :/ I know a B+ is not worth withdrawing, but given that I did not score A's in my bio prereqs, how bad would another B+ look? I mean, this is my second chance :(
As someone who has been on both sides of things, few B's are not the end of the world. I got into multiple med schools with B's and a few C's, I think my cumulative GPA ended up being like a 3.5. Anyway, as someone who now reviews a ton of applications, I'm not going to do anything but gloss over a couple of B's especially with a solid GPA like 3.7 and a solid MCAT. Don't stress!

No, I would be put under part-time :/ I know a B+ is not worth withdrawing, but given that I did not score A's in my bio prereqs, how bad would another B+ look? I mean, this is my second chance :(

You'll be a lot worse off explaining part time student status and a W ("I dropped because I was getting a B+" is not a good impression to make).

Aaah I just scored a 105/100 on my test! I'm so happy right now :soexcited: I thought I did terrible and never expected it to be this good! I can get an A for sure now. Lol I wish my MCAT will turn out the same way!

Reactions: 3 users
What school are you at that gives extra credit on biochem exams and how do I transfer
nice job man