Temple LOR question

Started by Gigantron
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gigantron

Robot
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to TUSPM as soon as the application opens up, but I'm a bit concerned about the LOR specifics. The newest podiatry information book says that they want a committee letter (I'd be sending in a committee letter) and two LOR's from a health professional. The website for Temple says they only need a committee letter and one letter from a health professional (DPM specifically). I only have one LOR from a DPM...but now I'm supposed to have another letter from an MD/DO/etc. too?
 
Well, looks like Temple is off the list... why would you need two letters of health professionals? Shouldn't DPM letter be the only one that matters??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called admissions and they told me a committee letter (or I guess two science faculty letters for those who don't have a committee letter) and a letter from a DPM was alright. I would call them myself just to make sure though. Good luck!
 
Just called admissions and they told me a committee letter (or I guess two science faculty letters for those who don't have a committee letter) and a letter from a DPM was alright. I would call them myself just to make sure though. Good luck!

So according to the admissions person they only need one physician letter?
 
So according to the admissions person they only need one physician letter?
I explicitly said I had a committee letter and a DPM letter and if this fulfilled the LOR requirements. They said yes. I'd just call them for yourself though to make sure.
 
I'm applying to TUSPM as soon as the application opens up, but I'm a bit concerned about the LOR specifics. The newest podiatry information book says that they want a committee letter (I'd be sending in a committee letter) and two LOR's from a health professional. The website for Temple says they only need a committee letter and one letter from a health professional (DPM specifically). I only have one LOR from a DPM...but now I'm supposed to have another letter from an MD/DO/etc. too?

Why don't you call the admission's office? There are people paid to answer questions like this.