This is complicated...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thomas the Red Fox

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. I am new to the forum, so, hello...

I will cut to the chase, no point wasting time.

I am looking to start the path to my graduate degree, and have just a few questions (I know, you probably get asked a ton daily):

1). Which master's degree (Counseling, Psychology (Clinical, Counseling), Social Work) would be the most viable in terms of getting a job?

2). Is there anywhere online to get a Master's in these areas that is reputable? I have a full time job, so I am having trouble going to a local college.

3). Is a Masters in Education in Counseling as good as a MS or MA in Counseling? Same job choices?

4). If you were to get a masters online, could this be transferred typically to a brick and mortar college so that I can get my Psy.D?


Thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer these.