Tips for writing a personal statement?

Started by deleted329605
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted329605

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN,

I'm about to start writing my personal statement for the upcoming cycle and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions about anything they found helpful at getting their reasons for wanting to go to medical school onto paper.

Also, there is one school I have wanted to go to for a very long time. My stats are actually right where they should be, but maybe I should read their website and make sure to hit the big points they mention in their mission statement?

Thanks guys.
 
I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions about anything they found helpful at getting their reasons for wanting to go to medical school onto paper.
http://www.startmedicine.com/app/PersonalStatement.asp


Also, there is one school I have wanted to go to for a very long time. My stats are actually right where they should be, but maybe I should read their website and make sure to hit the big points they mention in their mission statement?
Don't make it so school specific that other schools will pass you by.