TPR 2015 books…no passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard on somewhere on SDN that the TPR content review books were better because they have practice passages at the end of each chapter (at least one), and that the Kaplan ones only have FSQ's and no passages in their content books.

BUT…I recently bought the TPR content review entire book set (the big one book) and it has no practice passages at the back! Only FSQ's like Kaplan does…

So I'm confused…am I looking at the wrong thing? Why did people suggest TPR 2015 over Kaplan 2015 if their books also had no passages??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the one big book version, but TPR's review books for the individual subjects have a passage at the end of each chapter.

The TPR passages are part of their online content. Go to http://www2.princetonreview.com/books/online-book-supplement and type in the ISBN number for the set. It will ask you to register and you'll have access to the passages and their full-length tests in about 24 hours. Good luck!

Thanks! So this will give me access to the passages at the end of each chapter that are present in the individual subject review books? Because the one big book does not have any passages in it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! So this will give me access to the passages at the end of each chapter that are present in the individual subject review books? Because the one big book does not have any passages in it...

The product I registered is the "MCAT Subject Complete Set" (ISBN 978-0804126328), and that one has 5-8 additional passages per subject as part of the online content. So if you type in that ISBN number into the registration form and make an account, you'll get access to the practice passages and answers for Bio/Biochem, Behavioral Sci, Gen Chem, OChem, Physics, and Verbal.

This serves two purposes:

1) to familiarize yourself with the CBT format the real MCAT takes (you should be familiar with it, it's very easy to leave questions blank if you're not)
2) to make TPR more $$$ by reducing the resale value of the book