x

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Senior_Applicant

Reaction score
\

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Describe your responsibilities in this role. Are clinicians overseeing you? Are you entering data into an EHR?
Performing free HIV tests at mobile testing clinic contracted by the state dept. of health. No clinician on site- all test results go to an emergency medicine physician.

Members don't see this ad :)
Performing free HIV tests at mobile testing clinic contracted by the state dept. of health. No clinician on site- all test results go to an emergency medicine physician.
Okay... this could count as non-clinical to me. It's like doing LDL/HDL testing at health fairs or swabbing noses for COVID. You can be safe and keep it listed as "clinical" and let faculty decide whether to change it to non-clinical. That way, I don't dock you for your non-clinical volunteering consisting solely of tutoring/teaching. Ideally you should partake in activities that more directly help those in need, such as food distribution, shelter work, job placement services, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation; if possible, I'd try to get up to 100 hours of this type of activity to strengthen your application. If you do this in your post-graduation time, strive for 200 hours minimum.

This will especially help with schools that really want hundreds of hours in such community service activities, like Rush or Georgetown. Strike Harvard (MCAT/GPA IMO) or Brown (pro-Ivy tendencies).

How are your scores on Casper and PREview?

You should accumulate another 25 hours of physician shadowing before you submit your application.
Remove Rush since they are looking for applicants with at least a thousand hours of clinical and non clinical exposure.
I suggest these schools from your list:
New York Medical College
George Washington
Temple
UVM
Quinnipiac
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
Tulane
Wake Forest
UMiami
Tufts