DO WAMC (FL resident): REDACTED for privacy reasons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. D.O.five

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Stuff removed for anonymity. I also got accepted to my top choice.

R0ugh Stats:

Took MCAT twice
- first time = 503 (taken Jan)
- second time = 511 (taken Aug)
numerous cookie cutter EC's, 2 yrs research, 3000+ scribe hours

2016-2017 Application Cycle for DO Results
16 DO schools Applied
8 II
3 interviews attended, withdrew from 4 after acceptance
Matriculating into KCU-COM KC Campus

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You should receive interviews from that list. MSUCOM accepts mainly Michigan residents. Add LECOM-Bradenton, all 3 VCOM's, LMU-DCOM, UP-KYCOM and WVSOM.

I think that you'll be fine for all the schools on your list, and yes, try the FL state schools.

So I'm a lurker and I just got my app verified.

3.35 for both GPA and sGPA
MCAT: 503 127/122/129/125 (Retook late Aug, focused a ton on CARS, hoping for a good score)
4.0 40 credits which included Orgo and upper levels junior year, had a bit of a downward trend senior year, but not too many credits taken that year
Some misc W's

ECs
3000 hours scribing at FM and EM
AMGEN Scholar summer research
2 years (500 hrs) research at home institution w/ pub pending
300 hospital volunteering hours at ED and telemetry
VP of 3 various clubs
Intramural Flag football (Champs!)
60 non-clinical volunteering (doing more)
DO shadowing in FM and EM

School list (I applied to 12 schools, gonna add more once I get another paycheck):
NSUCOM (I went to undergrad at NSU, might as well apply)
CCOM (tons of fam here)
MSUCOM (was gonna be my throwaway school to get verified)
AZCOM
ATSU AZ
Touro CA
WesternU
KCUMB
ACOM
CUCOM
PCOM-GA
VCOM - Auburn

I know my school list is a bit top heavy but those are school I definitely would attend if I get a II and acceptance. Please let me know which ones are worth completing secondaries and other schools I should add.

ALSO***
Since I am a FL resident, do you think it is worth sending in an AMCAS for all FL public schools? I was holding out until I get my recent MCAT score back, but I don't know if it would be a good idea since my stats are nearingthr bottom 10th for the schools.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not. The median GPAs ate even some of the newest schools in FL are up around 3.9!

My GPA is araound 3.15-3.2 for AMCAS, you still think it's worth applying MD? I only retook 2 courses which were D's. the Majority of my grades that pulled down my GPA were B's and some C+. I do have a lot of A's though in the sciences.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE!

Got my MCAT score back!
511 131/125/127/128

Should I add any more DO schools? You think applying to some state MD schools worth a shot this late?

Last edited: