University of Utah wait list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimm70

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone from out-of-state on the U of U's wait list? If so, do you have any information re: how many usually get in and when?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Kimm,

I applied out of state this year and I am also on the wait list at the U. I have heard that they accepted 120 outright this year, I don't know the size of the waitlist although i believe its pretty small probably 20-30. The list is ranked but ranking is not disclosed. The word is they accept very few off the waitlist but no one knows for sure.

I called the office on tuesday and they said that they have been contacting waitlistees. They call with the offer and send a letter the same day.

Obviously there are tons of factors affecting the waitlist and each of our chances. It is really impossible to guess how it will play out, but I have my fingers crossed. Have you spoken tothe office recently and is so what did you find out?

As I understand it, out-of-state applicants are on a separate waiting list than in-state students. I was told they can't tell me anything right now and to just wait. They said they would know more by mid-June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Kimm,

I got the call from the Dean on June 4th that I got off the waitlist. I was on vacation in the carribean and my family tracked me down to give me the news. What a great vacation. I'm pysched to be heading back to Utah.

I, too, received a call from Dean Judd on the 4th. I am so excited!!Anyone else hear anything??