Timeline for interviews if I'm taking the OAT in Oct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HYCW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've completed my applications and sent them off to SCCO, PUCO, and UCBSO. Problem is, I haven't taken the OATs yet (will do so in Oct). Does anyone know when I'll hear back from the schools regarding interviews? I'm getting antsy because people have starting hearing back already...will I have to wait until Dec (when the scores come in) to see if the schools want me? If so, then I might be at a disadvantage since acceptances are on a rolling basis...

Also, everyone gives one score for the OAT (ie, 330). Are they referring to the overall Science score, or is there a cumulative score that includes math and english?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello:

There is only one interview date for UCBSO which will not take place until early 2005. You'll probably only receive a few correspondences from the admissions office before December (if your file is missing information, when your file is completed, and whether you'll be granted an interview). I did not receive my invitation for an interview until December so I believe they will review your OAT scores before proceeding with anything.

Two years ago, SCCO did grant interviews without OAT scores. They will not accept you until they do receive your scores. Admission is based on a "point system" with point allocation to different areas (interview, grades, OAT, etc.). Once you reach a certain point, you will be accepted. I'm not sure now what their procedures are.

I can't comment on PUCO because I did not apply there.

You can always call the admissions office to get further information, but they may be busy right now during the application cycle.

I'm not sure exactly which one score everyone has been giving out. Scores are given per section, a Total Science score (includes Biology, G-Chem, O-Chem, and Physics), and an Overall Academic Average score (Total Science + Reading comprehension and Quantitative Reasoning).

Best wishes,

Rosanna