2006 VCU Central

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
interviewed 10-6

Members don't see this ad.

"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail."

I got the mysteriously vague status update page today. Based on people's experiences so far, how likely is it that I'll receive an interview?

the negative 1 said:
"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail."

I got the mysteriously vague status update page today. Based on people's experiences so far, how likely is it that I'll receive an interview?

i got an email like this (not sure if it was the same exactly) some time in octobet and i was invited to interview in the same month...

don't lose hope!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
the negative 1 said:

negative 1 do you mind posting when you were complete? i was back in september and still nothing. not even one of those vague emails. thanks buddy.
-mota

DaMota said:
negative 1 do you mind posting when you were complete? i was back in september and still nothing. not even one of those vague emails. thanks buddy.
-mota
My app was complete on September 29th. If that's any indication, then you may hear something in a few days.

That status email is so BS. I got a "The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail." 1 week later, I got an invitation. I was complete 9/15 I think.

the negative 1 said:
My app was complete on September 29th. If that's any indication, then you may hear something in a few days.

!! i was complete on the 30th. i should hopefully hear something real soon. thanks for the response.
-mota

9 days, all you kits and kats! We're into the single digits!!!

Madi, we are getting destroyed by your 5:00 a.m. countdown posts. Who gets up that early, honestly. I was thinking about staying up past midnight just so I could get the countdown post in. :laugh:

goinverted said:
Madi, we are getting destroyed by your 5:00 a.m. countdown posts. Who gets up that early, honestly. I was thinking about staying up past midnight just so I could get the countdown post in. :laugh:

I'm on east coast time, so there's no way you can beat me!! Muahahahaha. After all this effort trying to get the first countdown post, it's going to be seriously dissapointing if I don't get in :p

madi said:
I'm on east coast time, so there's no way you can beat me!! Muahahahaha. After all this effort trying to get the first countdown post, it's going to be seriously dissapointing if I don't get in :p

This reminds me of the coutdown I partook in for the mcat scores... which wound up somewhat discouraging in the end. Heh. ERGO, I will rejoin this thread in approximately one fortnight.

crazy_cavalier said:
This reminds me of the coutdown I partook in for the mcat scores... which wound up somewhat discouraging in the end. Heh. ERGO, I will rejoin this thread in approximately one fortnight.

called them today..they said status change will happen for those who get acceptance...for those who dont get accepted this round then they wont change your status....cant wait...so pretty much if u get that email you know you get in before you check...

jon0013 said:
called them today..they said status change will happen for those who get acceptance...for those who dont get accepted this round then they wont change your status....cant wait...so pretty much if u get that email you know you get in before you check...

oh, and that email goes out on the 15th huh? eeeennteresting.

Hmm I have 2720 messages in my inbox. Maybe I should clear some space up, although I think I've got a good portion of my mail quota left...

Members don't see this ad :)
is ANYBODY on this thread waiting for an interview rather than an acceptance?
-mota

DaMota said:
is ANYBODY on this thread waiting for an interview rather than an acceptance?
-mota

I am!!! I hope we both can get one soon!

8 days ya'll. Got ya!! I hate waiting.

jbone said:
8 days ya'll. Got ya!! I hate waiting.

Lol. Thanks, jbone!

Anybody interviewing on Tuesday? :)

crazy_cavalier said:
oh, and that email goes out on the 15th huh? eeeennteresting.

Hmm I have 2720 messages in my inbox. Maybe I should clear some space up, although I think I've got a good portion of my mail quota left...

I got a status update email post-interview. Does that mean I'm gonna get an acceptance or do they email you again Dec. 15th? I'm so lost with all their confusing messages.

Dr.Giggles said:
I got a status update email post-interview. Does that mean I'm gonna get an acceptance or do they email you again Dec. 15th? I'm so lost with all their confusing messages.

It's probably the survey they ask you to complete once you've interviewed.

After your interview, you'll get a status update with the survey, and also one after you've been to review committee. The second one will tell you if you're in the possible acceptance pool or if you've been rejected post-interview.

ShyRem said:
After your interview, you'll get a status update with the survey, and also one after you've been to review committee. The second one will tell you if you're in the possible acceptance pool or if you've been rejected post-interview.

Have they been rejecting people post-interview, prior to 12-15???

ShyRem said:
7 days folks.... 7 days.
Is it dragging by or is it just me. kill me.

jbone said:
Is it dragging by or is it just me. kill me.

Hang in there, jbone! If it helps, we're all suffering along with you. I, in fact, spend my days carving "VCU, ACCEPT ME!!!" into snow-covered hillsides while singing classic Rockapella tunes.

I'll take this opportunity to beg and plead that as soon as someone gets an acceptance e-mail (because I'm putting my bets on the fact that a bunch of you will) please please post it to the thread so the rest of us poor souls can give up the count-down and pray for a January acceptance. ;)

madi said:
Hang in there, jbone! If it helps, we're all suffering along with you. I, in fact, spend my days carving "VCU, ACCEPT ME!!!" into snow-covered hillsides while singing classic Rockapella tunes.

I'll take this opportunity to beg and plead that as soon as someone gets an acceptance e-mail (because I'm putting my bets on the fact that a bunch of you will) please please post it to the thread so the rest of us poor souls can give up the count-down and pray for a January acceptance. ;)
That will be me. "come on January!" Snow covered hillsides? Where are you from? Virginia? If so, your a shoe-in. :thumbup:

I've decided that Thursday, December 15 will be a great day. One: it is my daughters first b-day :) . Two:It will be the next day I have off :) Three: I will be waitlisted at VCU and watch all of you mock and tease me :( .
What a day it will be. :horns: What a day indeed.

Oh yea, 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh! :thumbup:

jbone said:
Oh yea, 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh! :thumbup:

Damn, you're good jbone!

It's less than a week now!!!

madi said:
Damn, you're good jbone!

It's less than a week now!!!
What can I say, I work all night. You can't beat me to the count! Not anymore. ;) So madi, Virginian?

jbone said:
So madi, Virginian?

I am now! I use to be a Californian, but I gave up the palm trees, margaritas, and sandy beaches back in June. However, I just experienced my first Freezing Rain last night, so I may not be a Virginian for much longer. ;)

madi said:
I am now! I use to be a Californian, but I gave up the palm trees, margaritas, and sandy beaches back in June. However, I just experienced my first Freezing Rain last night, so I may not be a Virginian for much longer. ;)
Sounds to me like you have nothing to worry about. VCU, here you come. ;) No love for us little Utah boys. :( We'll see.

cf, it's not the 10th yet!!! cheater!! :) :) :)

Oh, I SOOOOOO want it to be Thursday!!!! In October the decisions were going out just past midnight.

cfdavid said:
Ahm.. 5 days, peeps! (is this fair of me??)
NO. Not fair. Let me try....5 days ladies and gents. :thumbup:
5 freakin long days. :sleep:

man, you westerners need to get with the REAL program....

cfdavid said:
man, you westerners need to get with the REAL program....
And that would be? Oh, time zones right? My bad. Go ahead, make the call. :oops:

For those who have interviewed or just been there before:

I find it wierd that we were not shown anything in Sanger except the Admissions /Financial Hall. I know that they said there were study rooms and the anatomy lab upstairs. I'm kind of scared about the anatomy lab. At ever other school that I went to I was shown the lab because they were so proud of it. What's up with VCU's lab? AND did I hear my tour guide say it would be renovated by the time we got there??? Thanks

chattkis said:
For those who have interviewed or just been there before:

I find it wierd that we were not shown anything in Sanger except the Admissions /Financial Hall. I know that they said there were study rooms and the anatomy lab upstairs. I'm kind of scared about the anatomy lab. At ever other school that I went to I was shown the lab because they were so proud of it. What's up with VCU's lab? AND did I hear my tour guide say it would be renovated by the time we got there??? Thanks
That's interesting that you were shown the anatomy lab during your interviews with other schools. I have had the opposite situation. No school has shown the anatomy lab during my interviews due to "respect" for the cadavers. I heard this at VCU, GW, and others. Frankly, I would love to see the lab. Big blocks of time are going to be spent there first year and I think you could see it as part of the tour without being disrespectful.

Dave_med said:
That's interesting that you were shown the anatomy lab during your interviews with other schools. I have had the opposite situation. No school has shown the anatomy lab during my interviews due to "respect" for the cadavers. I heard this at VCU, GW, and others. Frankly, I would love to see the lab. Big blocks of time are going to be spent there first year and I think you could see it as part of the tour without being disrespectful.

Yea well I understand thats how some schools do it and I respect that. But it didnt even seem to be about that. They did not mention cadaver respect or any excuse. It almost seemed like their lab was not so great so they did not want to talk about it.

Dave_med said:
Huh, interesting. VCU is the *only* school where we were not shown the gross lab. We were fed a line about "state regulations," but that didn't seem to stop any other school (including EVMS). The tour guides did mention that the lab is located on an upper floor of the building, which affords students a rather nice view out the window while they're digging into their cadavers. There's also an interview feedback note on SDN about "tanks" for the cadavers, which suggests that it's a relatively modern facility. But I never saw it, so I have no idea. Are there any current VCU med students who can comment??

Quick Question

I'm not sure if anyone asked this already, and I'm a bit too lazy to browse through the entire thread, but on the release date, how many out-of-staters will they be offering seats to? And how will they be contacting the people? Thanks guys.

Laur said:
Quick Question

I'm not sure if anyone asked this already, and I'm a bit too lazy to browse through the entire thread, but on the release date, how many out-of-staters will they be offering seats to? And how will they be contacting the people? Thanks guys.
According to their website, VCU has about 80 oos students each year. They contact everyone through the status page. When there's a change in your application status (good, bad, or ugly) you get a 'computer-generated email' telling you to go check your status page.

shyrem, madi, and jbone - you're all Crazy. With a capital C. And you'd all be such fun classmates. :D :D

hope to hear the good news next thursday :luck: :)

crazy_cavalier said:
shyrem, madi, and jbone - you're all Crazy. With a capital C. And you'd all be such fun classmates. :D :D

Awww shucks, I know I'm crazy, crazy_cav, but it's good to hear you say it :p

crazy_cavalier said:

True that. Thanks!!! :thumbup:

103.5 hours until 00:00:01 on the 15th. Yes, we're on an hourly count-down now. Sounds better than days.... sounds closer..... closer..... closer..................

Status
Not open for further replies.