For those MCG/Mercer applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview invite for both MCG (10/19) and Mercer(11/7).

The invite for MCG occured over email and from my understanding is one of the first batches that have been sent out.

The invite for Mercer was via phone. The first day for interviews is Nov 7th and then every Tue/Thurs thereafter.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that both schools are sending interviews out.

Scott

PS. I was complete at MCG today and at Mercer 2 weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to both schools and I have been complete at both schools for several weeks. I have also been wondering when they're going to start sending out invites. Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait until my MCAT scores are released.

i just submitted my AMCAS a couple of days ago (late i know, spare me the lecture), and i got my invite to complete the mcg secondary. i was curious, however, if they will review my application before my amcas is verified? do any schools review your application before the amcas is verified or do you just pretty much have to sit and wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
i just submitted my AMCAS a couple of days ago (late i know, spare me the lecture), and i got my invite to complete the mcg secondary. i was curious, however, if they will review my application before my amcas is verified? do any schools review your application before the amcas is verified or do you just pretty much have to sit and wait?

MCG does not screen for thier secondary application to be given out. So, they don't review your folder until they have AAMC, MCAT, and LOR's. Then, you get the interview and for most.. wait until March to get an acceptance.

Good luck! I know a girl that submitted AMCAS in late October and got in. But, her dad was an alumn of MCG and she had a 3.9/29.

Scott

They will still need your MCAT score so you'd have to wait.

Last edited:
how do you check the status of you application?

There's no way to check online. You have to call.

Has anyone called and been offered an interview? Just curious...Thanks!

I called the day that I got the email invite. But, I was not asked over the phone. Not really sure what happen there but... I'm stoked to be headed back to Georgia in 17 days.

Best of luck to you! I'm anxiously awaiting my invite. :p