Tell me the answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor of Genes

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
going on an interview and i have forgotten my weaknesses (i made them up so now i forgot them)

I need you to give me some good weaknesses and i will choose the best three to use at my interview.

Members don't see this ad.

you must be joking

if you arent joking, i would say your weakness is that you can't be honest enough to come up with your own weaknesses...

but you must be joking

Try greedy, selfish, and demanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about: Lack of commitment to knowing/understanding yourself (self-reflection), committed to being inauthentic, forgetfullness.

How about: Lack of commitment to knowing/understanding yourself (self-reflection), committed to being inauthentic, forgetfullness.

wow that is pretty good stuff, he should thank you for that...:idea:

going on an interview and i have forgotten my weaknesses (i made them up so now i forgot them)

I need you to give me some good weaknesses and i will choose the best three to use at my interview.

since u made them up and forgot, one weakness is memory; secondly, for the same reason, another weakness is being a liar (pathological?); thirdly, since u are choosing the best of the answers that you (plan) others to submit to you, you are a pseudo-parasite..? :D

Okay i should have been more specific. I need GOOD weaknessess not ones that sound bad and would lead to rejection. I need ones that are weaknesses but so close to strenghts. almost some PSEUDO-weaknesses. Cmon think fast too i need them by tommarow.

I need ones that are weaknesses but so close to strenghts. almost some PSEUDO-weaknesses.

You don't think the interviewers can smell this a mile away?

Cmon think fast too i need them by tommarow.

I have another three: laziness, poor speller, and lack of independent thought.

How about YOU think of three by yourself. :rolleyes:

If you are serious about this AND you get an acceptance...

just wow..

Okay i should have been more specific. I need GOOD weaknessess not ones that sound bad and would lead to rejection. I need ones that are weaknesses but so close to strenghts. almost some PSEUDO-weaknesses. Cmon think fast too i need them by tommarow.

new one, how bout oblivious.

The "tell me one of your weaknesses" question is a classic stress question. It basically asks you to reveal something negative about yourself during a process where you hope to reveal only positives. It forces you to pick out something about yourself that reveals your humanity but doesn't downgrade your attractiveness to the program.

You can try to play the game by giving an example of something that is on the face a supposed negative, but really a positive, i.e., "I'm a perfectionist", "I care too much", "I'm a workaholic," blah, blah, blah. These answers are trite and pretty obvious and will neither ding you or make you memorable.

Another tactic is to bring up a *real* weakness, i.e., "I have anger issues", "I'm a former alcoholic", "I gamble a lot of money". There is greater risk/reward with this tactic, as you not only reveal a *real* weakness, but also give yourself the opportunity to state how you are dealing with, or have overcome that weakness. Of course, if you mention small farm animals, it doesn't matter how well you're compensating for it. You're cooked.

You'll encounter this question in residency interviews as well, as I've encountered, and quite honestly, it's a crock.

Bottom line, they want to know if you are aware of your shortcomings, and whether you are dealing with them. They want to know that *you* know that you're only human, and not an infallable machine. It's okay to have weaknesses, it's great if you know them and work on them. It's unforgiveable to deny you have them.

So this is what I've been doing during *this* round of interviews. When asked this question, I take a moment, then say "I recognize this as a stress question. And while I can point out any one of the weaknesses I have, it would be more important to see the point behind that question. I am human, I am not infalliable. I know what my weaknesses are and try to be aware and work on them everyday."

That has stunned one or two interviewers, and they usually say something like "That's a lot better answer than 'I'm a perfectionist.' That one is overused and quite frankly, crappy."

The "tell me one of your weaknesses" question is a classic stress question.

text...

That has stunned one or two interviewers, and they usually say something like "That's a lot better answer than 'I'm a perfectionist.' That one is overused and quite frankly, crappy."

that, sir (or ma'am), is some of the best advice i have ever heard, i just wish you hadn't wasted it on this person...

;)

-mike

Members don't see this ad :)
The "tell me one of your weaknesses" question is a classic stress question. It basically asks you to reveal something negative about yourself during a process where you hope to reveal only positives. It forces you to pick out something about yourself that reveals your humanity but doesn't downgrade your attractiveness to the program.

You can try to play the game by giving an example of something that is on the face a supposed negative, but really a positive, i.e., "I'm a perfectionist", "I care too much", "I'm a workaholic," blah, blah, blah. These answers are trite and pretty obvious and will neither ding you or make you memorable.

Another tactic is to bring up a *real* weakness, i.e., "I have anger issues", "I'm a former alcoholic", "I gamble a lot of money". There is greater risk/reward with this tactic, as you not only reveal a *real* weakness, but also give yourself the opportunity to state how you are dealing with, or have overcome that weakness. Of course, if you mention small farm animals, it doesn't matter how well you're compensating for it. You're cooked.

You'll encounter this question in residency interviews as well, as I've encountered, and quite honestly, it's a crock.

Bottom line, they want to know if you are aware of your shortcomings, and whether you are dealing with them. They want to know that *you* know that you're only human, and not an infallable machine. It's okay to have weaknesses, it's great if you know them and work on them. It's unforgiveable to deny you have them.

So this is what I've been doing during *this* round of interviews. When asked this question, I take a moment, then say "I recognize this as a stress question. And while I can point out any one of the weaknesses I have, it would be more important to see the point behind that question. I am human, I am not infalliable. I know what my weaknesses are and try to be aware and work on them everyday."

Wow! Thats the best answer that I have heard for that question yet! Good job, I am going to remember that one.

you must be joking

if you arent joking, i would say your weakness is that you can't be honest enough to come up with your own weaknesses...

but you must be joking

Preeeeeeeeeeeach!!!!!!! PREEEEEEEEEEEACH MIKE PREEEEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!!!!!

Tell it like it is!!!!

well, it is sunday after all, isnt it? what better day for a sermon?

-the rev

i would have to thank TKIM. that is the kind of thing i am looking for. To all other IMMATURE and CHILDISH responses i am ignoring them!

i would have to thank TKIM. that is the kind of thing i am looking for. To all other IMMATURE and CHILDISH responses i am ignoring them!

I take no issue with your first statement. As to your second statement, however, I recommend looking in the mirror.

Mirror-Mirror(b).jpg

I take no issue with your first statement. As to your second statement, however, I say: "Mirror!"

Mirror-Mirror%28b%29.jpg
an elephant is looking through a window at a donkey who is also looking at the elephant. This picture makes no sense at all.

i dunno about childish, but i think it a might immature to rely on others to make up your weaknesses...

i realize that some people ask a question with good intentions but it comes accross the wrong way, so... giving the you the benefit of the doubt... I would warn you about using TKIM's advice. I agreee, it is really good, but it would take just the right sort of person to pull that kind of answer off, and it would probaby only go over well with some interviewers... if you think you are that kind of person then more power to you, let mus know how it goes... if not, there are some other threads about this question out there, basically it comes down to coming up with something that is a problem, but something you are working on improving (and be sure to explain that you are imporoving it, if possible)

thats why it is hard for another person to answer it for you, it is rather a personal question...

-the rev

Its an elephant (republican) brushing his teeth and seeing a reflection in the mirror of a donkey (democrat). How you interpret it is up to you.

Its an elephant (republican) brushing his teeth and seeing a reflection in the mirror of a donkey (democrat). How you interpret it is up to you.
Uhhh wrong. the elephant is in a room of white color while the so called miror has a black background. I guess it must be a majical miror huh.:sleep:

"i have really bad breath in the morning"

i think this dude's a trollllllllll

Closing this thread because I think the best answer possible has already been given by Tkim and the rest of the posts have been pretty off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.