2009 EM Applicant Survey: Please participate!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It’s that time of year again.

I am looking for current applicants in EM to volunteer their residency application information in order to determine the probability of Matching to first choice. You can find last year’s survey here, and BKN’s original survey is here. After Match Day, I will follow up with you to see where you landed on your ROL. I urge those with "low scores" to contribute, as their information will be the most useful to future applicants.

NOTE: All submissions are kept confidential.

Instructions: Cut out the bullet points below, paste them into a PM to me, and then fill in the blanks:

- Step I score
- Step II: CK score
- Class rank (by top, middle, bottom third)
- Number of applications
- Number of interview offers
- EM grade @ Home
- EM Away @ Away
- AOA (y/n)
- Number of scientific journal publications
- Number of conference posters & presentations (grouped together)
- Other degrees (e.g. MA, MS, JD, PhD)

Thank you to all who participate, and best of luck to all applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

We've had 239 page views, and only 6 people have decided to participate!

Come on lurkers - If you read the results of one of the previous surverys, then do your part and contribute!

Members don't see this ad :)
Folks - I have recieved many great contributions so far, but we need 30 folks to match the numbers of last year's survey.

I strongly urge those with a "marginal" application to submit their information. These are the most valuable contributions, because they be the most influential in guiding how future applicants apply in EM. All contributions are kept confidential.

We are sitting at 39 participants so far for this year. We need just 20 more volunteers to match last year's survey. This means you, the newbies posting in the ROL thread!

Thanks to those who have participated already, and good luck to everyone applying.

Folks - I had 53 responses to this year's EM applicant survey. Thank you to everyone who participated. If you haven't already, please PM me with where you landed on your ROL in the subject line.

For example: "Matched at #5"

As soon as the responses come in, I'll be able to display the results.