Comprehensive list of avg GPA & MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsm5s

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find a good list of all DO school's avg GPA & MCAT scores? I haven't been able to find a good one....

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been able to find a good list of all DO school's avg GPA & MCAT scores? I haven't been able to find a good one....

Thanks! :)

usnews.com $14.95 for a subscription, but I'll look up a few schools for you if you want, just PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have assembled a .doc of all the schools the site has information for, which is only 15 schools...where should/am I allowed to post this information?

I have assembled a .doc of all the schools the site has information for, which is only 15 schools...where should/am I allowed to post this information?

Click
reply.gif
then click the paperclip (red circle in screenshot) and upload via the box that comes up.

Thanks for doing that!!! :thumbup:

9zvlo9.png

Here ya go...hopefully your school is on here :) For schools that I said were not published means that they were on the list on the site, but just didn't have any info about GPA, MCAT, etc. If the name of the school doesn't appear on here at all, that means it wasn't on the list.

Attachments

• Osteopathic.doc
    167 KB · Views: 526
Here ya go...hopefully your school is on here :) For schools that I said were not published means that they were on the list on the site, but just didn't have any info about GPA, MCAT, etc. If the name of the school doesn't appear on here at all, that means it wasn't on the list.

is it just me or is it like...cut off from the right? i cant see the numbers for gpa/mcats etc :s

is it just me or is it like...cut off from the right? i cant see the numbers for gpa/mcats etc :s

I have the Mac version of Word and it shows everything regardless of the margins...I see why it could be a problem now that you mention it. I'll try to get it fixed :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Try this excel file I put together. Has the following information -

School Website City State Rural/Urban Population GPA SGPA MCAT Class Top Rank %OOS

Attachments

• AACOM.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 384
Try this excel file I put together. Has the following information -

School Website City State Rural/Urban Population GPA SGPA MCAT Class Top Rank %OOS

You mind giving your source? It's not the url at the bottom of the spreadsheet, and it's not necessarily the previously posted WORD document, so I'm curious.

wow thank you so much everyone this really helps!

:)

I've heard about a "formula" a lot of kids use when looking into schools GPA*10 + MCAT and compare to what the school of interest value would be. Do you guys think this goes for DO schools too?

Thanks again everyone! :)

You mind giving your source? It's not the url at the bottom of the spreadsheet, and it's not necessarily the previously posted WORD document, so I'm curious.

CB - most of that data is from either threads here on the site or from myself personally browsing the websites of the schools. For example, the OOS data is mostly from a document/link that I found here in the osteopathic forums (and something you yourself may have posted). The GPA/MCAT stuff is a combination of my own research from websites and from another thread here. It is not from that word document.

Also the excel file is incomplete which is obvious just by looking at it. Anyone who wanted to fill in the blanks and repost would probably be doing some of the readers a big favor.

-J

I've heard about a "formula" a lot of kids use when looking into schools GPA*10 + MCAT and compare to what the school of interest value would be. Do you guys think this goes for DO schools too?

Thanks again everyone! :)

I would say the only thing this would be useful for determining would be your competitiveness for getting an interview. Much of this process is too subjective to be able to predict one's competitiveness for a given school based on a formula. Some schools may use formulas to determine who they will accept, but I would imagine they won't release them to the public and it's probably a lot more involved than GPA/MCAT.

Keep in mind some of these are dated just a bit. It would probably be in your best interest to assume current matriculating classes are slightly higher.

Keep in mind some of these are dated just a bit. It would probably be in your best interest to assume current matriculating classes are slightly higher.

What are you referring to? The info that I posted was from the most recent matriculating class.

What are you referring to? The info that I posted was from the most recent matriculating class.

The information I have posted is also all drawn from recent sources. I doubt much, if any, of that is more than 2 years old.

CB - most of that data is from either threads here on the site or from myself personally browsing the websites of the schools. For example, the OOS data is mostly from a document/link that I found here in the osteopathic forums (and something you yourself may have posted). The GPA/MCAT stuff is a combination of my own research from websites and from another thread here. It is not from that word document.

Also the excel file is incomplete which is obvious just by looking at it. Anyone who wanted to fill in the blanks and repost would probably be doing some of the readers a big favor.

-J

Yeah I probably posted the OOS data from my TPR book.

Thanks for the explanation of your sources! :)

Shoot, I really wanted NYCOM to be on there.

Sorry, I saw a post earlier on here that had 2006 numbers.

Doesn't NYU-COM = NYCOM? bc NYU-COM New York College COM is on there....

Doesn't NYU-COM = NYCOM? bc NYU-COM New York College COM is on there....

NYU is an MD school. NYCOM is a DO school under NYIT (New York Institute of Technology).