2010-2011 Texas Tech (El Paso) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:
None

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Received an interview invite today for August 5th or 12th. My application was transmitted to schools on June 16. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably the 12th, as I have vacation planned for the first week of August, what about you?

I'm doing the 12th also, I have a presentation on the 6th. Maybe I'll see you there!

interviewing August 5th!
(submitted app June 10th recieved an invite on July 9th)

I am in the class of 2014.

PM me or ask anyone of us (Visit the facebook page), if you have any questions or requests.

Does anyone know if they invite OOS later than in state applicants? Any OOSers get interview invites yet?

Have they sent out any more interviews since those first batches?

Members don't see this ad :)
My current status on Merlin is still listed as "No status." WHY??

My current status on Merlin is still listed as "No status." WHY??

Your status will NOT change until a few days AFTER you receive your interview invite. El Paso took a couple of days to show up on Merlin; Lubbock took over a week to show up. So there is no need to check Merlin; it will continue to say "No Status" until you receive that special email. I am sure you will receive one.

Hey, I am a 3.25/33 applicant with volunteer experience and have spent the last year at UT Southwestern doing research. I submitted my application last week, so it will be 6 weeks until tech see's them. Is there anyone in this situation that has gotten accepted or is applying this late killed my chances?

Thanks

Interview invite! :)
Complete 7/21
Chose interview on 9/9
:soexcited:

First and foremost congratulations!

Did they inform you over the phone or email?
Also does it state that you have an interview on merlin? Because it just says "no status" for me.

First and foremost congratulations!

Did they inform you over the phone or email?
Also does it state that you have an interview on merlin? Because it just says "no status" for me.

Thanks.
Invite was via email.
I had not signed up for Merlin for TT El Paso because they had no secondary, so I had to start an app for them to pick a day, but i had already signed up for merlin for my TT Lubbock one, which still stays no status (and no interview yet) so maybe no status means they haven't looked at your app yet?

Interview, baby!
My app was transmitted 7/12. I haven't picked a date yet because I just created Merlin and it hasn't been updated yet.

Good luck to everyone else!

Transmitted 6/17. Interview E-mail 7/9. Chose Interview for 8/12.

I didn't get anything in the mail. Only an email with potential interview dates.

GPA: 3.89 MCAT: 34R

Application transmitted 7/14, interview offer by email 7/23. Very excited; looks like a good school for me!

cGPA 3.97/sGPA 3.94, 29 MCAT.

I read a lot about PLFSOM on last year's school specific discussion thread. There wasn't a lot of discussion about the questions. Can anyone point me toward a good list of what ethics/politics/general questions might be asked?

I received an interview, for what it is worth...
Mcat - 30
Undergrad GPA: 3.64
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.72
from UT austin

interviewed yesterday..the school is amazing..get ready to be blown away for those who have interviews coming up.. oh and I suggest staying at the Best Western Airport Inn. nice, quiet hotel, free shuttle service.
:)

interviewed yesterday..the school is amazing..get ready to be blown away for those who have interviews coming up.. oh and I suggest staying at the Best Western Airport Inn. nice, quiet hotel, free shuttle service.
:)

Hey, may I ask what your stats are and when you were complete? I really want to interview here, I have heard great things from others also! Did they say anything about when they would be contacting you about acceptances?

Did they say anything about when they would be contacting you about acceptances?

I haven't gotten any TX interviews yet, but aren't they restricted from offering pre-match acceptances until November 15th or something around then? This is going to be a looooonnnggg wait.

C'montexasinterviewinvitetoday!

I haven't gotten any TX interviews yet, but aren't they restricted from offering pre-match acceptances until November 15th or something around then? This is going to be a looooonnnggg wait.

C'montexasinterviewinvitetoday!

I have never heard that! That sucks a lot actually... I will probably be getting out of state acceptances before then, and that means I am going to be out of a lot of deposit money if Texas doesn't accept me at least by November! Ugh. Ruined my weekend. Unless I get an awesome interview invite today! Pweese Texas!!! :( Pick me!!!

Texas schools can notify OOS students by oct 15 but the earliest for in state is Nov 15

Got an interview invite! :D I have to pick the day on Merlin. Not sure what day I'm going to pick yet.

Interview invite! I'm going Sept 2, so excited and nervous.
I submitted My TMDSAS 6/17. Transmitted 7/22.

Woo :thumbup:! congrats to all of you, this school seems like it has a lot of potential so I am looking forward to it. I will see yall on the 2nd!

Hey guys, so does this mean we won't be getting an interview at Lubbock? Even though we interview in El Paso, can we still decide to attend school in Lubbock?

Hey guys, so does this mean we won't be getting an interview at Lubbock? Even though we interview in El Paso, can we still decide to attend school in Lubbock?

El Paso and Tech are completely different schools. If you get an interview at El Paso, you can still get one at Lubbock. You can end up getting into one or the other or both.

I am also interviewing on the 2nd! Do any of yall know where you are staying? I emailed about staying with a student but haven't heard anything. Im nervous bc I know nothing about El Paso!

Any el paso people on this forum? I'm just waiting to hear back on an interview... Goodluck everyone!

Last edited:
Any el paso people on this forum? I'm just waiting to hear back on an interview... Goodluck everyone!

yup :) I'm from el paso and interviewing next week! It's a nice city, kinda big, mountains, hot, best mexican food around.. Can get kind of boring since not a lot of close big cities like other Texas places but that's prob just because I've lived here my whole life.. I go to school in houston though so that's a nice change.

Are we supposed to create a Merlin account for each TTech school? Or does one cover the other?
How do I check my status for the El Paso school w/ Merlin?

Are we supposed to create a Merlin account for each TTech school? Or does one cover the other?
How do I check my status for the El Paso school w/ Merlin?

Add another application for the El paso school to see your status. But I have to tell you, the status thing is broken. From what I have seen, it wont give you any status information until they email you for an interview! I called about it once to ask when they would fix it and it seemed like they were not going to fix it...

I have never heard that! That sucks a lot actually... I will probably be getting out of state acceptances before then, and that means I am going to be out of a lot of deposit money if Texas doesn’t accept me at least by November! Ugh. Ruined my weekend. Unless I get an awesome interview invite today! Pweese Texas!!! :( Pick me!!!

Tuition deposits are usually refundable as long as you withdraw by a certain date (usually really, really late in the Spring (May or June-ish). It is correct that you'll be waiting until at least Nov. 15th to hear anything (except Baylor, which follows AMCAS dates). It sucks, but is a small price to pay for a Texas acceptance.

TMDSAS transmitted 6/30, Foster SOM acknowledged receipt on 7/21, and still no interview invite. I've scheduled interviews now at ALL the other TX schools (except UTSW). 38P MCAT, 3.80 cGPA. Are they drawing names out of a hat, or has my app been overlooked?

TMDSAS transmitted 6/30, Foster SOM acknowledged receipt on 7/21, and still no interview invite. I've scheduled interviews now at ALL the other TX schools (except UTSW). 38P MCAT, 3.80 cGPA. Are they drawing names out of a hat, or has my app been overlooked?

You may just be too awesome ^^

I'm sure you'll get an invite pretty soon. At least you have more interviews than anyone else under your belt. When I talked to them during my school health career fair, it seemed like they were looking for people wanting to do primary care or work in underserved areas - like el paso. Perhaps you expressed different interests in your PS?
The entering class is also smaller than other schools (80 seats) so they select less people for interviews.

But really, with your stats, I wouldn't be too worried. ;)

Interviewing here on 9/30. If anybody from Houston, San Antonio, or Austin is heading to El Paso on the prior day, let me know, and maybe we could share a ride.

Interviewing here on 9/30. If anybody from Houston, San Antonio, or Austin is heading to El Paso on the prior day, let me know, and maybe we could share a ride.

I just got back from an interview there yesterday. All the people who drove really regret it. One guy actually had his car break down half way there and basically had to drive most of the night before to make up for lost time. That'd make me really stressed out lol

got an interview email!
deciding on sept. 16th, 23rd, or 30th

I just got back from an interview there yesterday. All the people who drove really regret it. One guy actually had his car break down half way there and basically had to drive most of the night before to make up for lost time. That'd make me really stressed out lol

Youre right, I think I was underestimating the size of Texas. Its almost 800 miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.