Neuro externship

Started by JCX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JCX

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What books would be good for prepping for a Neurology externship?
 
I really need help with books to prepare me for my 4-week neurology externship. I'm an IMG. Please, help
 
HOw much neurology do you know right now?

If you have a working knowledge base, then the Comprehensive Board Review in Neurology by Mark K. Borsody (Jan 2, 2007) is a good book.

If you are completely starting from scratch then Step Up to Medicine by Agabegi 2nd edition was pretty good. I used it for IM review, but I recall a neurology section...good introductory level stuff.

Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated 1 year ago, have read through Kaplan and FA Neuro since then so I have a fair knowledge. I have however not been working, just been at home starting my housemanship (internship) now. Which do you suggest?
 
You can try either one. Like I said, if you have a good working knowledge of neurology then go straight to the Borsody book. If you don't then go for Step Up to Medicine by Agabegi.

If you're not sure these will meet your needs, then I suggest you search this forum's many, many book recommendations or even Amazon.com's review book listings. They come replete with a summary of intended goals and independent reviews.