2011-2012 Morehouse School of Medicine Wait-lister!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LSU 2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started this thread for all of those who have been wait-listed for a spot in the c/o 2016 at Morehouse School of Medicine.

I was interviewed 12/02/11

Wait-listed 4/16/2012

Please share updated! Good Luck everyone:):xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 01/20/12 and was waitlisted on 03/22/12. I really wish the list was ranked...the wait is crazy.

Thank you LSU for starting this thread!!
I am OOS. Interviewed 1/20/12
Waitlisted 4/3/12
I agree the wait is just crazy!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The wait is very stressful. I'm just trying to stay positive. Well at least we know one person
made it off of the waitlist. Have any of you guys been accepted to other medical schools?

I am IS interviwed 3/2012 waitlisted 4/2012. I also hate this whole waiting process. I spoke with Mr. Hunter on the 14th, the day before students had to choose which schools they want to go to if they were accepted to multiple schools. I asked if there had been any movement on the waitlist, he said not yet but he expects some soon.... so I guess we just have to be patient.

The wait is very stressful. I'm just trying to stay positive. Well at least we know one person
made it off of the waitlist. Have any of you guys been accepted to other medical schools?
No. Waitlisted at FSU also. That's it!! Really frustrated with this whole process!! MSM is my first choice and am hoping I will get in!!

No. Waitlisted at FSU also. That's it!! Really frustrated with this whole process!! MSM is my first choice and am hoping I will get in!!

Wow, that's pretty good. You have two possible acceptances. I only have this one, but I'm grateful for that.

It's just makes me nervous that I'm still waiting and orientation is July 2 which is less than 6 weeks away.

Interview 10/28

Waitlisted: sometime in April. I never got a letter or anything. I called and they said waitlisted and said they send the letter/email. Never did even after I asked a few more times, so I just let that go.

Waiting: Seems like forever!! :)

Thanks for starting this!

Have you guys sent update letters/emails/made phone calls?

Wow, that's pretty good. You have two possible acceptances. I only have this one, but I'm grateful for that.

It's just makes me nervous that I'm still waiting and orientation is July 2 which is less than 6 weeks away.
I have been reading the FSU Thread and they have started rejecting waitlist candidates!! I am grateful that I have not heard one way or the other, but still my stomach is in knots at the moment!! Not knowing is trully scary, nerve wrecking, ....
I have heard where candidates are called after orientation is done. Apparently, the first month of Med School is kind of crazy. I do not know how far this is from the truth!!

I'm trying to stay positive about this whole thing, but it's really hard with just a month left to hear back. Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the waiting list?

I'm trying to stay positive about this whole thing, but it's really hard with just a month left to hear back. Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the waiting list?

I have no idea how many people are on the waiting list, but I have been reading articles about it. I also read the AAMC's traffic rules for admissions. It seems like the waiting list is about 1/4 to 1/3 the amount of seats that are available in this fall's class. Since this fall's class will be 67 students its safe to say that their waiting list has about 17to 23 people on it.

I am just hoping that some of the accepted students get off the waiting list at their first tier school so that I can have their seat, lol.:xf:

I understand where you are, just try your best to be positive! :) I have no idea, but my guess would be anyone who interviewed and didn't get accepted was waitlisted.

Interviewed in October, Waitlisted in April. I'm also waitlisted at one other school, and waiting to hear back post interview from a third. I would love to go to Morehouse, but considering the school year starts July 6th, I cannot imagine having less than a month to prepare to pack up and move across country. That being said, I really hope I hear back soon!! I really loved my interview visit.

Interviewed in October, Waitlisted in April. I'm also waitlisted at one other school, and waiting to hear back post interview from a third. I would love to go to Morehouse, but considering the school year starts July 6th, I cannot imagine having less than a month to prepare to pack up and move across country. That being said, I really hope I hear back soon!! I really loved my interview visit.

The small time frame in which school starts is freaking me out also. I am praying really hard and trying to stay positive. I fell in love with this school on my interview day.

Got rejected by FSU today and now all my hopes and dreams are pinned on MSM!!! MSM was my first choice anyways!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive positive news from MSM!! OMG!!

Just as a reference for those applying to MSM this cycle, I was taken off the Waitlist June 4th 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.