****The Official University of Florida Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

UF OOS ACCEPTANCE - Just Called :) :) :) AHHHH!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What's ur last name? I wanna see if I still have hope

Yayyy - congrats everyone! Got the call at 6:50 this morning!

I'm so happy!!!!! :') :) :D I got the call at 7:20! :love:

First post ever!
Got the call at 7:46 AM.... started waiting by my phone at 6:00AM.
I never in a million years thought I had a chance there!!:love::love:

What does it mean that I haven't received a call accepting or rejecting yet...... when do they stop calling, does anyone know?? :( sigh

In previous years most of the calls were early AM; but I did see a few expections - like around noon.

I feel defeated. I thought for sure that I impressed them in the interview, and still no phone call. It's so difficult to stay positive right now :cry:

Let's hope we are the exceptions. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent heard anything at all either and im getting nervous :scared:. My friend told me that he heard that they would call people between 7-10 gainsville time.

come onnnnn UF, hurry up and call me :(.

From the dental students I have talked to they will call until noon-1pm. They have a lot of the students make the phone calls so once class starts at 8am the phone calls trickle down and will resume around noon time during their lunch.

ME TOO!! ACCEPTED!

Congratulations everyone! This is so exciting!

Anyone else feel like this....:thumbdown: :barf::beat::help::shrug::cry::diebanana:+pity+ ?

Please call.

^^^^ YUP. I feel like I've been mislead :thumbdown:

Im soooo glad to hear that they will also call between 12 and 1, thats makes me feel better!!!!!

Is there am "offer made" status on aadsas for those of you accepted?

Agreed. Awesome phone call. Anyone still waiting on UF, I got my call at around 9 AM and they don't rush you off the phone so they are probably still making calls. Best of luck!

Im still waiting and praying that I get a call.

HAHAHAHA, that cracks me up. I'm so happy to know that they call again later. I have an exam at 2pm, it could be the good news that I need! heh, heh, heh........:/

My thoughts exactly.

What a strange feeling.

Perhaps they call in Alphabetic order? My last name is: W.
I don't think it's last name. My last name starts with an R and I got the call at 6:35 AM. I think it depends on your student interviewer because he was the one that called me so if your student interviewer decides to call during his lunch break then expect it around noon, but of course this is all assumption.

I don't think it's last name. My last name starts with an R and I got the call at 6:35 AM. I think it depends on your student interviewer because he was the one that called me so if your student interviewer decides to call during his lunch break then expect it around noon, but of course this is all assumption.

In that case, did anyone here have Angie as their interviewer? lol

Haha. My student interviewer is one of my facebook friends (from BEFORE the interview). I'm tempted to message him; but I can't imagine how awkward that would be if I was rejected.

What happens if you did not have a student interviewer? I only had one of the professors and the assitant dean interview me.

What happens if you did not have a student interviewer? I only had one of the professors and the assitant dean interview me.
one of them might call you. i don't know. again the whole student thing is just speculation. it might have just been coincidence with me.

I was called at 6:50am.. my last name begins with the letter K...

I did not have a student interviewer but one of my interviewers called me this morning.

If we dont get called today how do you know if your on the wait list? Do they email you or mail you something in the mail?

Just to clarify, the website said this

"Applicants interviewed before December 1 will be notified of their status during December. This does not mean that a letter will be in your mailbox exactly on December 1. It could be several weeks before you are contacted; this should not be a cause for concern. If you are offered a position in the entering class during December, you will have 45 days to respond to us. This is done to reduce your stress and give you ample time to make a decision about your future."

Does this agree with what Dr. Sandow said during the tour? I can't remember exactly. Does the fact that someone may not have been called necessarily mean that they have been rejected or waitlisted? Could it instead mean that not all the decisions for fall interviewees have been made? Or, are all the decisions made for the fall people, and those that have been accepted have been notified while the rest of us get to wait for the rejection or waitlist in the mail?

can we get a facebook page? Im so excited to get to know my future classmates :)

I recall Dr. Sandow saying that they will be offering all* their spots on Dec. 1st. Those who are not contacted are subsequently waitlisted or rejected (depends on the snail mail arriving that week or something).

*This is what I remember...very vaguely (don't hold it against me).

That's funny, because thats how I remember it, but someone just told me she said that only 20% of the class is filled on december 1, and "not to panic" if you weren't called........idk

Haha. I HOPE you're right. I just talked to my friend who attends UPenn dental and he says that if we didn't hear from UF today it's either WL or Rejection. For our sake, I hope he has no idea what he's talking about...

Read post #5 on this linked-thread....it answers our question with certainty.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-681038.html

If we didn't get a call, we are either wait listed, or rejected. And the odds of being taken off the wait list are very low, according to the last few years. (Only 1 or 2 spots open, usually).

I am the bearer of bad news. :thumbdown:

well, there seems to be some disagreement in that thread that you quoted, because someone else said that UF said the exact opposite thing......