****The Official University of Louisville Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Got a call from dr babbage about an hour ago to let me know I am in. emails go out in the morning. Congrats everyone

Just got an e-mail saying I was accepted! Best feeling in the world! Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who got in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email!! I am SO thrilled!! :love:

Woo hoo! I'm in! Congrats to everyone else! :)

Just looked at the email! One of my top choices WHOOO!!!

Got the email this morning! One of my top choices..Congrats everyone!

Dreamed last night of life in Dental school, dreams are coming true! Now the hard decisions start

I'm in too! Beautiful school and city

Just got the email earlier this morning!!! :D HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders! Congrats everyone!

I got in too!! Does anyone have the memory stick that they gave us at the interview? I can't seem to find mine and I would really like to review the information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in too!! Does anyone have the memory stick that they gave us at the interview? I can't seem to find mine and I would really like to review the information.

Yeah, I still have it. What's your e-mail address? I can send you the files if you'd like.

Also, anyone get accepted who interviewed on November 18th?

If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

I got the email Dec. 1! So cool! I love the title of the email... Good News From University of Louisville. Yes, it is very good news! Has anyone received the back ground check email that was mentioned in the emails? Just wondering when that's supposed to come.

Last edited:
Yep I got the background check email titled

"Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request‏"

Today

Yep I got the background check email titled

"Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request‏"

Today
Huh... I haven't gotten it yet. Did you get multiple acceptances? I'm just wondering if another school that you got accepted to also uses that background check. Not sure what to do since I have to get that done ASAP.

Huh... I haven't gotten it yet. Did you get multiple acceptances? I'm just wondering if another school that you got accepted to also uses that background check. Not sure what to do since I have to get that done ASAP.

Don't worry, I still haven't gotten mine yet either. Hopefully we'll get those soon!

Yeah Sorry..Got 3 other acceptances but the background check letter did not specify which school it is for..

Just got the background check email today. Sounds like they are slowly getting them out now.

somehow this posted under louisville... sorry!

Last edited:

How do you think the difficulty of completing the clinical requirements/hours will be affected by the increase in class size (to 120)? Is the patient pool large enough to accommodate the students?

I asked that question in my interview and they made it sound like one of the major reasons they could accept more students was because they have so many patients. Sounds like it will be ok to me. Hope to see you there next summer!! Woot woot!!

1. I was wondering if enrolled UofL DMD students are automatically accepted in the Oral Biology M.S. program or do they have to apply for it (i.e. new letters of recommendation, take GRE, etc.)?

2. Could you comment on the current student:faculty ratio in clinic? I realize that the D3 and D4 classes have 80-85 students and our class will have 120ish...does anyone know if the school has hired more faculty members to improve the ratio for us?

Preesh

Wahooooo!!!!! Louisville acceptance today. Elated! :D

Got accepted today!! Super excited!!

I have my interview coming up and was wondering if anyone remembered any specific questions they asked? Also please offer any specific advice you may have as well (ie: don't say just be yourself)

Thanks!!

Congrats to everyone. Are any of you willing to post you stats, especially low gpa's. I plan to apply next cycle to UofL and UK (in state), but from what I gather UK takes an act of God to get into. Also I have friends who have gone to UofL and loved it. My stats are 3.2 ogpa and about the same sgpa. Plan to take DAT this spring hoping for 19-20's. I'm non-trad w/ yrs experiance in medical field. Will have 2 bacc, and 1 assoc degree. I will also qualify for UofL's rural consideration thing that they offer (don't know if that matters). I was just wanting to know what chance I actually have here. Would love to see successful applicants with similar stats.

jradjsb;
2.97 overall, 3.4 BCP, 18 AA 18 TS & 24 PAT. My degree is in Finance and Accounting. I was a traditional student for my first Finance degree. I came back to school at 26 after working in the corporate world for 5 years. I did considerably better with my GPA when I came back..about a 3.7. I just got excepted to U of L on Jan 4. I hope this helps and gives you hope.

I did get in on my first try. I had a lot of observation time in a Dental practice and I also applied as a disadvantage student..which ULSD really seemed to like my past experience.

What was your offer end date? I ask because I'm interested in knowing when they might send out the next round. Thanks!

-SK

I had 30 days to except or decline..so February 4th I guess.

Interviewed and got a WAITLIST email. Any thoughts where they stand on enrollment?

Interviewed and got a WAITLIST email. Any thoughts where they stand on enrollment?

I was also put in the Next to be Contacted pool... Does anyone know when the deposit is due for accepted students so that I can determine when there may be some spots to free up? Thanks!

I received a call today for an interview which doesn't make sense to me as it sounds like they have filled seats and already started a waitlist? Does anyone have any info about what they are interviewing for next week?

Yea my Waitlist letter said "all the seats are filled in the class" so don't get your hopes up..

Yea my Waitlist letter said "all the seats are filled in the class" so don't get your hopes up..

Really???? Thats the worst news I've heard since I applied. When I talked to someone on admissions a few weeks ago they said that they try to have their class filled before March comes. I guess they're well on track!