****The Official University of Pennsylvania Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

December 2nd: Received my acceptance, with dean's scholarship, this morning by express post. The letter was stamped December 1st. Sending in my deposit right now!

This is how I expect my life to play out, or else I'm going to go talk to my shrink.

I would check AADSAS on November 30th at 11:59pm and for the next couple of hours after that. A lot of schools update AADSAS early. Also some schools will mail out your acceptance a couple of days in advance (anticipating it to arrive on December 1st. But it actually arrives one or two days sooner. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from Corky! Im in at UPenn with scholarship!!

Any Canadians hear anything yet??

Yep- Got the call from Corky at 1:45ish Vancouver time! See you all there next year! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Received a call from Corky as well. It's going to be a tough decision. Congrats to all.

I also received a call from Corky today...very excited! just curious though did she mention the scholarship over the phone to those who have received it? i am hoping it may have slipped her mind when she called me.

What time did Corky call you guys? Is it late enough to warrant thinking that she didn't call everyone today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter today, as well. It was dated December 1st, and sent via UPS.

Someone make a facebook group - I've got some creeping to do!

Wooot woooot acceptance with scholarship :D now UPenn costs as much as UW, its gonna be a tough decision. congrats to everyone :D

AA:24 PAT:21

I got my letter today, as well. It was dated December 1st, and sent via UPS.

Someone make a facebook group - I've got some creeping to do!
did you receive a letter and a call or just a letter?

Congratz Everyone :)

Do you guys mind sharing your GPA and DAT stats by any chance?

I am having a interview Next Week:scared: and I wanna know if I have a chance here. :xf:

Mine is

GPA:3.76 / sGPA:3.80
TS/AA/PA: 25/23/24 (reading and QR 19 though.. would this hold me back?)

Oh yea, and I am also a Canadian.

OH MY GOD!! my mom just called when she got home from work and I had a Penn acceptance envelope!! WOO!!!

See ya'll there! 3.42 overall and AA/TS/PA of 23/22/22. Acing my Masters program is what got me the early interview, I'm sure.

Congrats, everyone! For what it's worth, if I had to do it over again, I'd still pick Penn in a heartbeat.

Anyone know when the next batch of Penn acceptances is?

I was accepted in the first week of December but did not receive the dean's scholarship. On last year's forum some students who were accepted in February noted that they received the scholarship upon admission. Does anyone think that those who have already been accepted, paid the deposit, and did not receive the scholarship initially will be awarded the scholarship later in the process?

I was accepted in the first week of December but did not receive the dean's scholarship. On last year's forum some students who were accepted in February noted that they received the scholarship upon admission. Does anyone think that those who have already been accepted, paid the deposit, and did not receive the scholarship initially will be awarded the scholarship later in the process?

No, the deposit is really an incentive to convince people to attend. If you already made the deposit and/or they know Penn is your top choice, then that money is going to someone else with similar stats and have Penn as a #2 or #3 choice. That's why I always tell all my schools that they are one of my top 2 choices lol.

Thank you, I thought the same thing but I wanted to see if anyone else was thinking along those same lines :)

Is anyone interested in renting out a house starting in June? I was thinking about renting a pretty nice place with 3 or 4 people. I checked the graduate housing and it seems much more expensive than private housing. After looking at houses for rent it seems very doable to get a place for 3-500 per person. I'm a 23 year old male and wouldn't mind rooming with either males or females. I'm really laid back, but I study hard and work hard. I think that it would be ideal to room with other dental students.

Anyone know if there has been movement in the 'alternate list' in past years?

Anyone know if there has been movement in the 'alternate list' in past years?

When was your interview and when did you find your status out? I believe they take a few people off the waitlist.

Is anyone interested in renting out a house starting in June? I was thinking about renting a pretty nice place with 3 or 4 people. I checked the graduate housing and it seems much more expensive than private housing. After looking at houses for rent it seems very doable to get a place for 3-500 per person. I'm a 23 year old male and wouldn't mind rooming with either males or females. I'm really laid back, but I study hard and work hard. I think that it would be ideal to room with other dental students.

I suggest to avoid Craigslist and spend a day or two at Penn looking for apartments. The CL listings are very slim and not indicative of the real apt. market around campus. I stopped by two apartment rental companies located around campus last week and they had listings of hundreds of available apts and the prices were cheaper too than the ones found on CL.

Last edited:
Hey, I am looking for a female student to share a two bedroom apartment with. I am very easygoing and would love to chat with you individually. If you are interested, please message me!! Thanks :)

Hey, I am looking for a female student to share a two bedroom apartment with. I am very easygoing and would love to chat with you individually. If you are interested, please message me!! Thanks :)
Found a roommate! So please disregard my post!

Has anyone been accepted from Penn at all lately? Any other news?

I'm a female 2nd year dental student at Penn living with two other girls: another 2nd year student and a 4th year student. Since the 4th year is moving out, we need a new roommate! I sent an email to Corky that she might've forwarded out to the incoming class, but I thought I'd try this too. Here's the copy and pasted email about our place: ..........(also, do you guys have a facebook group for the 2016 class???)

Hi Class of 2016!
We are two 2nd year dental students looking for a 3rd roommate for next year. We live in a large Victorian style house; the owner is a doctor that lives on the 3rd and 4th floors in his separate apartment. We have the 1st and 2nd floors. Downstairs we have the kitchen, living room, dining room, half bathroom and newly redone backyard. The 3 bedrooms and full bathroom are upstairs and there's a washer and dryer in the basement. The available bedroom is $575/month plus utilities that average about $100/month. We're only four blocks from school(44th and Locust), and there are coffee shops, a grocery store, and CVS, within the block. To tell a little about us, we are easy-going, enjoy cooking and baking together, going out, and watching Smash(!!). We are clean and would like a roommate that is too. And, sorry boys, we'd like a girl roommate. You can see pictures of the house and available bedroom here:

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/suziemss/

Please email us back([email protected]) if you have any questions or are interested and we can set up a skype date! Congrats and welcome to Penn Dental!

I finally got the official package! WOO HOO! See you in Philly in August! :)