****The Official UTHSC-Houston Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Congratulations!

Last edited:
Congratulations from the UTSD Houston C/O 2015!!! We know you guys are anxious at this time, and we look forward to you joining us next year! We have created a Facebook group for you. UTSD Dental Class of 2016 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/293374714036069/). If you have any questions, feel free to ask on the Facebook group.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got in! Whohooo! See you in August!

Hi,
I am so happy to have this amazing opportunity. I can't wait!!!

Thank you. I've already asked to join the facebook group. Thank you so much once again!

Congratulations from the UTSD Houston C/O 2015!!! We know you guys are anxious at this time, and we look forward to you joining us next year! We have created a Facebook group for you. UTSD Dental Class of 2016 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/293374714036069/). If you have any questions, feel free to ask on the Facebook group.

I like how class of 2015 thinks they can make a facebook page, make themselves admin and "ACCEPT" actual 2016 student into this group. WOW!!

Last edited:
Accepted to my one and only....The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston...So happy when I've got the email before 9 am today. What a blessed day!

Great feeling to be accepted! Now to decide between schools... Need to do some more recon on the pros and cons between the Texas schools!

Congrats everyone!

I really liked Houston at my interview, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet.. I heard back from Baylor and San Antonio both on the first and was hoping Houston would be among my schools to consider as well. Think it would be out of line or that I would actually get any sort of a reply if I emailed the school just inquiring about my situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great feeling to be accepted! Now to decide between schools... Need to do some more recon on the pros and cons between the Texas schools!

Go with your gut! Pick the school that fits you the most. For me it was Houston, I've been to that school around 4 times and every time I've been there i've felt like family. I feel is a bit more laid back than the others. I just clicked with that school. Boards are about the same for all 3 so it doesnt make much difference. Houston will have a New building with more advance technology than the rest and if that is something you like you should consider that.

Best of luck and may the best one win..

Go with your gut! Pick the school that fits you the most. For me it was Houston, I've been to that school around 4 times and every time I've been there i've felt like family. I feel is a bit more laid back than the others. I just clicked with that school. Boards are about the same for all 3 so it doesnt make much difference. Houston will have a New building with more advance technology than the rest and if that is something you like you should consider that.

Best of luck and may the best one win..

I pretty much agree...by far right now Houston is the best option and it'll be getting better with the years...

all 3 texas dental schools are great. Go where you feel you will be most successful...buttom line.

Does anyone know when will the school send out the second round of acceptance?

They sent it out yesterday I believe because I know a few people including myself who got accepted.

I emailed Houston, 2nd round offers have already been sent out. sad times

I know I'm not suppose to be in this thread as I am soon to be Pharmacy student, but my wife also got accepted into Houston Dental school and she received her offer on January 25th. Hope that helps and good luck!!

I know I'm not suppose to be in this thread as I am soon to be Pharmacy student, but my wife also got accepted into Houston Dental school and she received her offer on January 25th. Hope that helps and good luck!!

When did she have her interview?

I got an interview offer from them for Jan 31st. Is this pretty late in the game for Houston? I was really surprised, but at the same time extremely happy! With their new school, Houston is going to be amazing! I'm just worried that im going to be competing for such a small number of spots. Hoping for the best!

Hello she interviewed on jan. 10th and got the offer on jan. 25th. Good luck!

Congratulations on your interview! If they are still giving out interviews it must mean that you still have a chance. Would you mind sharing what they said regarding spots, acceptance dates, rejections, etc?

Last edited:
Congratulations on your interview! If they are still giving out interviews it must mean that you still have a chance. Would you mind sharing what they said regarding spots, acceptance dates, rejections, etc?

They told our interview group that we were the last group for this cycle (Jan 31st). Dr. Pierpont stated that on December 1st, they had accepted the lowest number of students from previous years (a little less than 50, which is half the class... they increased the class size to 100!) so we still had a good chance. He also said that the last possible day we would hear a decision by would be May 1st. So now, all we can do is wait. :xf:

They told our interview group that we were the last group for this cycle (Jan 31st). Dr. Pierpont stated that on December 1st, they had accepted the lowest number of students from previous years (a little less than 50, which is half the class... they increased the class size to 100!) so we still had a good chance. He also said that the last possible day we would hear a decision by would be May 1st. So now, all we can do is wait. :xf:

Thank you for the information! It's good to know that we still have a chance

Did anyone hear back anything as of Jan. 25th?

Congratulations to her! That means we probably met as I interviewed on January 10th also. I'm happy that someone from our group made it in!

Has anyone heard anything new recently? Acceptances or Rejections?

My interview was also on January 31-st. I have heard nothing since that day.

My interview was also on January 31-st. I have heard nothing since that day.

I have spoken with Dr. Pierpont last week and he mentioned that they're still filling up ~25 spots.

I'm still hoping as well, but since the application will be open again in less than two months, am preparing for the next application cycle.

Has any one heard back from the school yet? Im getting kinda worried, please post any information that guys might have got from the school . : (

I talked to Dr. Pierpont and he told me the next round of acceptances would be sent out in mid-March. So maybe they're just running a little late???

Has anyone heard back from the school lately? I know they were on Spring Break this past week, so i'm guessing they will be sending out the remaining acceptances next week. Super nervous... good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

me too!!! Baylor or UT???????? i'm totally torn....

did you both get the email today? I wonder if they gave all 25 spots today. congrats guys!

I got mine this morning too. I hope there are still spots for people!

Hey y'all,

I'm a graduating Baylor MS4 from out of state. I purchased my condo in 2007 to establish Texas residency for tuition purposes. It's now up for sale since I'm heading to the west coast after graduation.

If any of you is interested in buying a place, this is a great opportunity. The unit is in tip-top shape and I pretty much just want to off-load it as quickly as possible before I leave Texas. Therefore, the price is heavily negotiable.

More info is here:
http://houston.craigslist.org/reo/2929963457.html

PM me or e-mail me at: cypher2185<at>gmail<dot>com if you're interested in the condo or have any questions about TMC or Houston in general.

Cheers

WT

Has anyone heard how many spots are left?
Or when the next round of acceptances will be?
Seems to always be a Wednesday morning.

Sure hope there are at least a few spots left!

Has anyone heard how many spots are left?
Or when the next round of acceptances will be?
Seems to always be a Wednesday morning.

Sure hope there are at least a few spots left!
Have you tried contacting Dr. Pierpont? He's really quick about responding to questions like this.

Dr. Pierpont let me know that offers have been sent to fill the whole class, but this could change as people respond to the offers, if some choose to attend another school.
After this is resolved among the three Texas schools, an alternate list will be made, and non-accepted applicants will be notified.
Is May 1st the deadline for accepted Texas students to decide?
Compared to last years when is this usually announced?

Dr. Pierpont let me know that offers have been sent to fill the whole class, but this could change as people respond to the offers, if some choose to attend another school.
After this is resolved among the three Texas schools, an alternate list will be made, and non-accepted applicants will be notified.
Is May 1st the deadline for accepted Texas students to decide?
Compared to last years when is this usually announced?

Bummer... well I guess the waiting game continues :( From what I understand, May 1 is the deadline for people that hold multiple offers in Texas to decide what school they would like to attend. I guess Houston is waiting until after this date to form the alternate list. Baylor already formed theirs.

I don't know if the whole class has been filled but someone accepted at UTSD recently received an acceptance to another Texas school and will be accepting their offer. This means a spot will open up. Good luck everyone.

I received an offer today. Third time was the charm for me.