Is studying abroad my senior year a bad idea?

Started by heeyebsx3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

heeyebsx3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a junior now and I really want to study abroad before I graduate, the only semester I can do that would be my senior fall. I'm kind of thinking twice about it though, because that semester is when all pharmacy school deadlines are.
It wouldn't affect my grades (except maybe positively), and I would still take all the classes I need to... but I just want some opinions, or past experiences on this... do you guys think it would be a bad idea for me study abroad my senior fall?

I'm also aware that's when interviews would be.. but I'm wondering if there's anyway around that if I'm on a university study abroad exchange program.
 
I'm also aware that's when interviews would be.. but I'm wondering if there's anyway around that if I'm on a university study abroad exchange program.

Yes, it's called Skype. It's a small file that you can download from skype.com by clicking downloads on the top of the screen and saving it to your computer. Then you execute or run the .dmg file and it goes like 'shmoop' and now you have a chat/video chat program free of charge that you can use to talk to others who have bridged this technological gap into the 21st century. If your school has never heard of Skype, then copy and paste the above directions so that they too can chat/video chat free of charge and also be introduced to the 21st century.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, it's called Skype. It's a small file that you can download from skype.com by clicking downloads on the top of the screen and saving it to your computer. Then you execute or run the .dmg file and it goes like 'shmoop' and now you have a chat/video chat program free of charge that you can use to talk to others who have bridged this technological gap into the 21st century. If your school has never heard of Skype, then copy and paste the above directions so that they too can chat/video chat free of charge and also be introduced to the 21st century.

Lol. Skype sucks. Google hangouts is much better. Free group chat and Free share screen. Better layout.

Interview over internet is not the same as meeting the person. Totally different feel and approach. Body language accounts for most of our communication and it makes a difference in the other persons perception of us. It's harder to notice that through Skype/Google hangout.
 
Of course! There is nothing wrong with studying a broad. Men have been doing it for centuries but none have reported yet of fully comprehending them.