BUffalo Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iggy1124

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys/gals, im not sure if this is the right place to post a thread of this nature, but i have an interview at Buffalo and its my first interview and i'am stressing out because i dont know on how to prepare, and what type of questions to prepare for. If you can please help and give some advice I would greatly appreciate it, and wish you the best of luck...

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys/gals, im not sure if this is the right place to post a thread of this nature, but i have an interview at Buffalo and its my first interview and i'am stressing out because i dont know on how to prepare, and what type of questions to prepare for. If you can please help and give some advice I would greatly appreciate it, and wish you the best of luck...

Know what your idea of professionalism is. Good luck

Hello! There has luckily been a lot of discussion about the Buffalo interview. If you go to the Pre-Dental forums and click on "search forum", you can look up threads that have discussed it. Also, don't forget to read all the interview feedback in the interview section of SDN. Feel free to ask if you have additional questions after you look!

Members don't see this ad :)

I went to Buffalo recently, and pretty much everything they ask is on the interview feedback. It was a really enjoyable experience -- there were so many students to talk to and we even went down to the gross anatomy lab and saw the cadaver there (it was really cool they let us do that in the first place). Everyone was just so super nice. It's a great place to have a first interview experience:luck:

I interviewed at Buffalo in October and the Interview Feedback was all I needed. All of the questions seemed to be on there. I enjoyed that interview very much. You are interviewed by both a student and a faculty member.

I interviewed at Buffalo in October and the Interview Feedback was all I needed. All of the questions seemed to be on there. I enjoyed that interview very much. You are interviewed by both a student and a faculty member.

Actually, you may get 2 faculty instead. I had Dr. Brown and Dr. Dziak. Whether you get a student and a prof or two profs or w/e, just don't forget to address each person who is there, even if they did not ask the question. Try to make it like a normal conversation as much as possible, and both really want to hear what you have to say. Again, I really liked my experience at Buffalo, so hopefully it will go well for you too!:luck:

I have an invite to call and schedule a campus visit at Buffalo. Is an invite to schedule a campus visit different from an invite for an interview? The letter does tell me that the last day of interviews will be March 1, 2008. I'm just a bit confused. Does anyone know? or should I call the admissions committee?

I have an invite to call and schedule a campus visit at Buffalo. Is an invite to schedule a campus visit different from an invite for an interview? The letter does tell me that the last day of interviews will be March 1, 2008. I'm just a bit confused. Does anyone know? or should I call the admissions committee?

That sounds like the same letter I got. I'm pretty sure that's an interview as well as a campus visit. I would call the admissions office... they are really nice there.

In order to interview, you probably have to visit the campus...I am betting they don't do outcalls. Congratulations on your interview, hurry up and call though. The sooner you call, the sooner your interview date will be.

They mailed the this letter to my house a week ago, but I've been away at college and so I didn't get it until today. So, like you said, I called the office right away and verified that I do have an interview invitation as well as a campus visit. The only thing is, they don't have any openings until February.

Do you think having a later interview is a disadvantage?

Plus, what are your opinions on bringing a family member?

Do you know if dental schools send out interview invites in batches? I was wondering if the reason why all the December and January interview day slots are filled up because all the other applicants who received the same letter as me already called last week. Wah.

Do you know if dental schools send out interview invites in batches? I was wondering if the reason why all the December and January interview day slots are filled up because all the other applicants who received the same letter as me already called last week. Wah.

Most likely the December/January interview invites were handed out in the past two months. Don't feel like you were just behind in getting to the phone.

About a family member:

They keep everyone in the same room all day and you leave periodically (tour, interview etc.). Half of the interviewees the day I went brought a family member and the admissions staff said they encourage and welcome pre-dent students to bring someone along. If there is someone who wants to go then definitely take them, otherwise it's fine to not take someone also.

Personally, I would save the family member for family day...talk with other students and the faculty, tell mom and dad about it later

Hurry up and go before it starts snowi..... oh.

interviews only go to march 1 and they're already book well into feb.! YIKES!!! awww man that makes me worry, I really really want a buffalo invite but it sounds like they'll have to send them soon...unless people with post dec interview dates withdraw them after they hear about their accetances in dec right?

still though, YIKES! i didn't realize buffalo was already fililng up their interview dates so fast because they were one of the later ones to begin interviewing! oh mannn... anyone know how many people they interview a week/day?

interviews only go to march 1 and they're already book well into feb.! YIKES!!! awww man that makes me worry, I really really want a buffalo invite but it sounds like they'll have to send them soon...unless people with post dec interview dates withdraw them after they hear about their accetances in dec right?

still though, YIKES! i didn't realize buffalo was already fililng up their interview dates so fast because they were one of the later ones to begin interviewing! oh mannn... anyone know how many people they interview a week/day?

You're right, there will probably be more openings with people getting acceptances elsewhere. I'll be withdrawing so there goes one interview date open for ya!

They start you of with a presentation. Then they ask you to write a brief essay just to see that you can write coherently. The interviewes are called one by one to a separate room to be interviewed by two people. How the interview goes depends on the people that interview you. There are two teams of 2 people doing the interview. The interviewer can be student or faculty, it's mostly faculty. Lunch/tour/chat with faculty and students about the school. The tour is given by a student.

That's basically how it goes.

You're right, there will probably be more openings with people getting acceptances elsewhere. I'll be withdrawing so there goes one interview date open for ya!

thanks but i have been put under continuing review :( so no interview for me...yet! well that is i hope i still get one. I wish there was something more i coudl do to move along the continuing review. for those of you that interviewd is there anything they said they liked? some schools say how motivation is a factor so calling such schools is looked upon more favorably, any hints like that for buffalo please?