Famu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

If I were you, I would not want to go to Famu. They lost thier status in the past, and eventually regained it. Still. who know if they will lose it again.

Wow, not only is the author incorrect but they can't even spell.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last edited:
Uuuh, putting the bickering aside, I'm kinda concerned because the application they have is only for the FAMU students so far, but they do have the transfer student application... Anyone know what to do?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5minutes
If I were you, I would not want to go to Famu. They lost thier status in the past, and eventually regained it. Still. who know if they will lose it again.

This may support your statement. Any further argument should be in the form of a slander suit against the accrediting body that has misrepresented FMU.
Source:Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)

Detailed PharmD Accreditation History

Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
1415 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
New Pharmacy Building, Rm 333
Tallahassee, FL 32307
Henry Lewis, III, PharmD
Dean and Professor
Tel: 850-599-3301
FAX: 850-599-3347
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.famu.edu


Review PeriodReview TypeBoard ActionStatus
2009-2010 Focused
2008-2009 Interim 2007-2008 Focused Probation - ended Full
2006-2007 Interim Probation - continued Full
2006-2007 Comprehensive Probation - given Full
2000-2001 Comprehensive Continued Full
1994-1995 Comprehensive Continued Full
1987-1988 Comprehensive Continued Full
1981-1982 Initial Application Granted Full
 
Last edited:
Yes, it is true that the school was placed on probation for a period of one year. What I was stated the author was incorrect, I was eluding to the fact that FAMU had not lost it's "status". When a school goes on probation it does not lose accreditation. But as a STUDENT at FAMU not a person who heard this or that or read things on a website the reasons for the probation was NOT based on the students or the quality of education. It was based on the former administration at FAMU.

I can talk for days about this subject but at the time we had an interim dean and an interim president of the university. ACPE was unhappy with the amount of lab space based on the growing number of students the school has. ACPE felt as though they could not trust interim leadership to solve the problem. I know this because I was one of the students who met with ACPE when they came to visit the school. With the placement of our new president and new dean the probation was removed at the very next ACPE meeting.

Yes, it was a little rough patch and if I was a pre-pharmacy student it would worry me but I can say as student about to graduate who has rounded with students from other pharmacy schools that we are as qualified and knowledgeable as any of the other pharmacy schools in the nation.