attendance

Started by r_salis
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just read a thread in the Dental forum about attendance in lectures, and I was just curious about attendance in optometry school. How many people skip classes? In the Dental group, it seems like a lot of schools have mandatory attendance (sign-in sheets) or don't go to class.

It seems like most people at SUNY go to class all the time, even the early classes -- with a few exceptions, of course. I'm always there. I think we have good lecturers, and they give out additional information in lecture than we don't get in our handouts.
 
Originally posted by r_salis
"... and I was just curious about attendance in optometry school..."

Dear r_salis,

In CA, actual class hours are written into the State Optometry law. Interestingly during the Berkeley Studen teach-ins where students opted to listen to the anti-war alternative education lectures, the optometry department was one of the few departments that continued in order to remain compliant to State Law.

Richard_Hom
 
I would guess that maybe only a few students in my year miss class regularly. We do not have any sign-up sheet for lectures or labs. It is the student?s own loss if they miss an important class. I have missed probably 4 lectures myself for a variety of reasons: accident, gas leak, burglary, hospital, etc. It?s been an exciting first semester for me. =)

- Rosanna