NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anymore acceptances off the wait list recently? :)

Members don't see this ad.

i guess they're still holding the waitlist people till April!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to those on the waitlist. Things will move quick during the next couple of months.

pullin outt of NYU today, so someone will be getting my spot

gl,
teethmagnet

Just withdrew via email over the weekend. That should open up another spot. Great school, but not quite the best fit for me.

I called today and they said that deposits are due now and that they need to see how full the class is and they will start going through the wait list as soon and they figure out how many seats are left. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I want to get in so bad!

been 4 days since deposits were due....anyone hear news?

anyone here holding a buffalo acceptance while they wait for nyu?

Nope still haven't heard anything. My guess is that the wait list wont actually start moving until mid April so they have time to figure out the number of spots. I hope we all get in soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone here holding a buffalo acceptance while they wait for nyu?

No Buffalo acceptance for me... Just waiting for NYU. Are you wanting to get into Buffalo? Are you waiting for NYU too?

No Buffalo acceptance for me... Just waiting for NYU. Are you wanting to get into Buffalo? Are you waiting for NYU too?

I'm waiting to get into Buffalo but have an NYU acceptance. Just checking to see if there are any spots that might open up from here. I'll definitely be giving up my acceptance if I get into Buffalo. Gl!

I'm waiting to get into Buffalo but have an NYU acceptance. Just checking to see if there are any spots that might open up from here. I'll definitely be giving up my acceptance if I get into Buffalo. Gl!

Well I hope you get your acceptance at Buffalo. And then you can give me your spot at NYU and we will both be happy! :)

so i called NYU today to see if there had been any movement on the waitlist. last time i called, the lady said they'd start looking at the waitlist on april 7th. so this time, the guy said they're still giving people who mailed their deposits time for the mail to process or something. so i'm thinking there hasn't been any movement, but then i just saw that someone got off the waitlist today. so there has been movement? has anyone else on the waitlist gotten off of it in the past couple of days?

oh, and maybe someone can help me w/ this. what is the name of the lady that we first met at the front desk when we arrived for our interview? she has short brown hair & glasses. she also conducted the Q&A at the march 19th interview b/c dr. mejia wasn't in.

Where did you see that someone got off the waitlist?
I'm still waiting too. And I can't help you with the name of the lady at the front desk because Dr. Mejia was there when I went.

Hey I got taken off the waitlist yesterday. Dr. M called me herself! However I think that I will be sticking with my first choice. Tufts.

Smart choice? who knows

Hey I got taken off the waitlist yesterday. Dr. M called me herself! However I think that I will be sticking with my first choice. Tufts.

Smart choice? who knows

Congrats!! and Thank you. At least we know we have a seat left when you withdraw. What conversation did you have with her?

Btw, I am pretty sure she called more than 1 person. Did anyone else get the call?

I am sad my number changed recently. I emailed them to let them know my number changed a few weeks ago though. I did not care much since i thought they do most status change notices by letters. It may be a dumb question to ask but would they still send me the letter of acceptance when I don't answer my phone?

Congrats!! and Thank you. At least we know we have a seat left when you withdraw. What conversation did you have with her?

Btw, I am pretty sure she called more than 1 person. Did anyone else get the call?

I am sad my number changed recently. I emailed them to let them know my number changed a few weeks ago though. I did not care much since i thought they do most status change notices by letters. It may be a dumb question to ask but would they still send me the letter of acceptance when I don't answer my phone?

It gives you a reason to call and check your status. :) I would just call them and let them know that you had a phone number change and that you wanted to make sure that they have the right number, and that you are still really hoping to get into NYU.

so calling is a good idea? I sent them a letter in december updating them on my recent activities... i just don't know what to say by calling them. and who to call really... just the admissions for NYUCD?

so calling is a good idea? I sent them a letter in december updating them on my recent activities... i just don't know what to say by calling them. and who to call really... just the admissions for NYUCD?

Call admission and ask for Dr. Mejia. I was never able to talk to her though because she was not in. I've been writing an email averaging about 1 per month. Kitkat09 has good lists in page 1 what to update about.

I had a major update last week. I retook DAT and sent them my new score. Also, you could update about your courses and what grade you are getting or any dental experience you may have.

To BoiseStateDent, I called them just now and they have my new number:D. I guess they go through all the emails sent to the admission. I find that really amazing with 4000 applicants plus future applicants sending emails.

Call admission and ask for Dr. Mejia. I was never able to talk to her though because she was not in. I've been writing an email averaging about 1 per month. Kitkat09 has good lists in page 1 what to update about.

I had a major update last week. I retook DAT and sent them my new score. Also, you could update about your courses and what grade you are getting or any dental experience you may have.

To BoiseStateDent, I called them just now and they have my new number:D. I guess they go through all the emails sent to the admission. I find that really amazing with 4000 applicants plus future applicants sending emails.

That's good they have your new number. Now you don't have to stress about it! Good luck!!! I hate seeing some movement and not hearing anything. But I am glad that it is moving now! Everyday is one day closer.

They called me on friday to check if I was accepting my acceptance. So they've started checking on who's coming and who's not.

They called me on friday to check if I was accepting my acceptance. So they've started checking on who's coming and who's not.

Were you on the wait list or did you just interview and get accepted?

I was just accepted, but they've started cleaning up their official class list.

im going to call tomorrow to check on my status. I haven't done so yet. Should i ask for Dr. Mejia or just speak with any admissions officer? And if Dr. Mejia how do I pronounce her name... lol . It's been a while since the interview. I was interviewed way back in September during the first week interviews started. :scared:

im going to call tomorrow to check on my status. I haven't done so yet. Should i ask for Dr. Mejia or just speak with any admissions officer? And if Dr. Mejia how do I pronounce her name... lol . It's been a while since the interview. I was interviewed way back in September during the first week interviews started. :scared:

Hey Dmessina-
When I call I always call admissions and check the status of my application because when you call they make a comment in your file that you called. So do that first and then ask them if they can transfer you to Dr. Mejia. They will probably tell you that she isn't in her office but just ask to leave her a message. Sometime they will tell you just to e-mail her. But if you can get through to her office I would leave a message. You say it Dr. "Ma he ya." Hope this helps. I called yesterday to check mine and they just said they didn't know if there was movement on the list yet and there was no status change on my application. Then I asked to talk to Dr. Mejia and the lady in admissions told me to e-mail her. So I did.
Hope this helps!

Got a call from Dr. Mejia yesterday!:love:
So excited of going to New York!
I really wish best luck for all of ya!

what is dr.Mejia's email address?

is it same as dental admission email address?

i was also waitlisted :(

not a good day today

So does anyone know if they are really moving the waitlist yet? It doesn't seem like there are too many people on here that are getting accepted. It's the middle of April and I'm wondering if anyone knows when they are really going to start moving the waitlist.

i think its time for us all to sit back and let fate decide what happens. Might as well not get all anxious. We did all we can do. as for myself I'm planing my backup just in case. I would recommend you all do the same.

had my interview on the 22nd of march, got waitlisted on the 30th :(

hopefully waitlist will start moving really soon