-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Haahvahd Thread pt 2
Started by yvan eht nioj
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No, but we managed to get to 4 pages in less than 24 hours.
Hi guys, I know this question has probably been asked to death. Nevertheless, out of curiousity, what qualifies as an expository writing course?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I know this question has probably been asked to death. Nevertheless, out of curiousity, what qualifies as an expository writing course?
english composition for sure, anything else would probably be a stretch...journalism maybe?
Rejected! in SoCal. But still the love doesn't die 😍
Oy, good luck to the rest of ya'lls!

Oy, good luck to the rest of ya'lls!

D
deleted142222
No mail from Harvard today in Tucson, AZ... I got the "bad" financial aid message. Alas, now I've gotta wait ANOTHER day to get my rejection 

and surprise, surprise the financial aid page is not up and running....
Rejection in MN today, "bad" financial aid message
and surprise, surprise the financial aid page is not up and running....
I'm so not impressed.
And I haven't even received my Duke rejection in the mail yet. You'd figure even a snail would have made it by now.
it's so sad to read this thread with people getting rejections :/ i know i'll be checking the financial aid website first thing tomorrow morning!
it's so sad to read this thread with people getting rejections :/ i know i'll be checking the financial aid website first thing tomorrow morning!
Except that it says it "should" be up and running. Everything thus far supports the hypothesis that "contact office"=good. My guess you will get an acceptance letter tomorrow (since from your screen name it sounds like you live in Cambridge). If this is true, remind me to buy you a beer next year.
Admissions is obvisouly done by pulling names out of a hat. Look at these people who got rejected: http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6478
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6688
What do you want Harvard?
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6688
What do you want Harvard?
Admissions is obvisouly done by pulling names out of a hat. Look at these people who got rejected: http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6478
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6688
What do you want Harvard?
Yeah they've been known to reject Rhodes Scholars, Watson Fellows and the like... I'm not bitter though.
aaaaand the fin aid website still doesn't work, as of 820am, EST. grrrrrr.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't. Not a fan of New Haven. In retrospect, I regret not applying to Yale and Duke.
Really? That secondary application alone was enough of a deterrent for me - that and the fact that I had taken all but my biology pre-reqs greater than 7 years ago (which Duke would not waive).
How would your wife feel about New Haven and Raleigh/Durham?
Bring on some good news Bostonians!
Comonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn mailman, please make my day!!!
Really? That secondary application alone was enough of a deterrent for me - that and the fact that I had taken all but my biology pre-reqs greater than 7 years ago (which Duke would not waive).
How would your wife feel about New Haven and Raleigh/Durham?
My wife would hate New Haven, I'm sure. Everyone hates New Haven.
I'm not sure about Durham. At least the weather there isn't too terrible. I've never been there so it's hard for me to tell. I doubt she would be crazy about either place.
6:20am PST. I literally tossed and turned in bed all night and never got more than a few 1-hour bouts of sleep. Believe me, if I could control this anxiety I would. 🙁 Common, acceptances.....
6:20am PST. I literally tossed and turned in bed all night and never got more than a few 1-hour bouts of sleep. Believe me, if I could control this anxiety I would. 🙁 Common, acceptances.....
I did that 2 nights ago. Last night was catch-up. Best of luck.
nothing in the mail yesterday. hopefully today???
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=07682
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=07682
not as of 10:06am, EST. :/so long! so drawn out! is the finaid website working today?
not as of 10:06am, EST. :/
not as of 10:12am, EST either
I can't say I'm surprised the fin aid website is not yet up. After all, these past few weeks have been about HMS Admissions dropping the ball and disappointing us with missed deadlines. Why stop now?
But good luck today, everyone.
But good luck today, everyone.

T - 1 1/2 hours....
I'm guessing some of the Boston peeps will be getting their mail about then.
I'm guessing some of the Boston peeps will be getting their mail about then.
Fin Aid page not working as of 11:15 EDT.
got a call from Dr. COhen this mornign! into HST
got a call from Dr. COhen this mornign! into HST
Awesome! Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got a call from Dr. COhen this mornign! into HST
congrats!! what was your fin-aid log in message?
what was the phone number that appeared??? i got a call at 9:00am but it was in in the middle of CLASS! arrrrrrgh! and there was no message left.... 🙁 🙁 🙁
and congratulations, wannabedoc85! 🙂 🙂
and congratulations, wannabedoc85! 🙂 🙂
what was the phone number that appeared??? i got a call at 9:00am but it was in in the middle of CLASS! arrrrrrgh! and there was no message left.... 🙁 🙁 🙁
and congratulations, wannabedoc85! 🙂 🙂
Did you call back yet?
I left my cell at home. Congratulate me on my brilliance plz 😴
Wannabedoc85, I think it's time to change that screen name 😉
I'm just sitting at the library computer in between classes, refreshing that financial aid website... How pathetic am I? 🙁
I'm in the same boat.
STILL no mail in boston? Come on, Harvard. Jeezz....
I got the rejection letter 3 days ago, and I am still checking this thread! I guess addictions die hard 🙂 Good luck to all of you waiting -- I hope you hear great news today and tomorrow!
i guess i can admit...i am addicted to this thread as well...and i didn't even apply to harvard! i'm cheering for all of you who are waiting....and checking up on your acceptances, etc helps keep my mind off of waiting to hear from my schools....thanks for keeping me occupied and good luck to everyone!
Admissions is obvisouly done by pulling names out of a hat. Look at these people who got rejected: http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6478
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=6688
What do you want Harvard?
I know I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but do you think the second profile had smth to do with the applicant's ethnicity? From what I've seen on MDapplicants, East Asian guys and Muslim guys seem to be getting shafted the most...
I know I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but do you think the second profile had smth to do with the applicant's ethnicity? From what I've seen on MDapplicants, East Asian guys and Muslim guys seem to be getting shafted the most...
and Canadians . . .
i guess i can admit...i am addicted to this thread as well...and i didn't even apply to harvard! i'm cheering for all of you who are waiting....and checking up on your acceptances, etc helps keep my mind off of waiting to hear from my schools....thanks for keeping me occupied and good luck to everyone!
![]()
I love how many people have no reason to be here besides the amusement. I was rejected from Harvard when they closed their secondary page in mid-January. That's only $85 away from Jennifer's situation, in my opinion.
to get a call from Dr. Cohen. I'm from the Boston area, working at MGH.
to get a call from Dr. Cohen. I'm from the Boston area, working at MGH.
Congrats, futurelegend!! Are you HST or NP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NP. I've had enough research in college to last me a lifetime. Good luck everyone!Congrats, futurelegend!! Are you HST or NP?
NP. I've had enough research in college to last me a lifetime. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations to you, FutureLegend! How incredibly exciting!! 🙂
after refreshing that financial aid page like every 2 minutes, I finaally decided to call the office - the lady said it should be up and running later this week, probablly not today because IT hasnt gotten back with them... "check back Friday" she said.... Anywho, she also told me they only make financial aid packages for those who are accepted, not waitlisted people unless they are pulled off.
that was a very informative call, I just thought I'd share... there is still a chance that page may work today, but most likely not cuz it isnt in financial aid office's control but instead ITs...
if only usps would hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry up!
does dr. cohen call many NP acceptees?
that was a very informative call, I just thought I'd share... there is still a chance that page may work today, but most likely not cuz it isnt in financial aid office's control but instead ITs...
if only usps would hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry up!
does dr. cohen call many NP acceptees?
Congratulations to you, FutureLegend! How incredibly exciting!! 🙂
Thanks
Congrats FutureLegend.
Double thanks
Now for an unrelated topic. Does anyone know how you get to the other profile page on SDN? Someone claims that I still have a picture up there. I want to take it down since I'm getting hit on from my mdapps page. Thanks.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K