Here's a DO spreadsheet w/ application cost calculator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhandal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've created a spreadsheet to try and organize all the osteopathic school info. I've gathered this info from multiple other spreadsheets as well AACOMAS and have devised a little calculator that will tell you how much the application will cost when you select schools. So, I hope you guys find it useful and please let me know if you find any discrepancies. :D

For those who do not have excel here is a link (use 'x' to select schools):
Multiple sheets copies just to spread out the amount of users using one sheet. Please be courteous of your fellow SDN user :)

DO 2013-2014 Schools Google Sheet 1
DO 2013-2014 Schools Google Sheet 2
DO 2013-2014 Schools Google Sheet 3

***UPDATE 1 for people who do not have excel and are using the link above: I've added little drop down arrows next to each box so you can sort the schools as you please. Also the cost analysis is calculated automatically and is now located in the tab called cost.

***UPDATE 2: I've added interfolio cost to the analysis. Only thing you need to do is enter how many letters of rec you have. Cost analysis delivery fee: $6 per school for first document and $1 for every subsequent document sent.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DOSchools_2013-14.xlsx
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,236
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Nice. I was just thinking about doing this type of cost analysis today. I like what you did.

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice work. I was thinking of doing some cost analysis and review of school stats just today, but you did it for me! Thanks.

Sorry for the double post. I thought that the first didn't go through.

This is great, thank you for this! :D

You guys and gals are welcome; enjoy!

This is great. We should add a deposit column too. Initial deposit and tuition deposit. I can work on it once I get some free time.

This is great. We should add a deposit column too. Initial deposit and tuition deposit. I can work on it once I get some free time.

Yea we can do that. All that information is located in the links on the far right. That would be a great addition!

Thanks OP!

Although these numbers dont look nice, my poor wallet :scared:

Thanks OP!

Although these numbers dont look nice, my poor wallet :scared:

I feel you! Hopefully, this just helps us narrow down the schools we would apply to. FYI to everyone else, there is something that is not calculated: let us say you submit your app to AACOMAS, well the way they charge you is $195 for the first school then $35 for every school after that; however, if you submit then want to add another school then that is a $95 fee plus $35 for every other school.

^ tl;dr Be sure to add all the schools you want before you submit to AACOMAS. If you want to add a school after you submit there is a penalty cost.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are these MCAT scores current? 22 MCAT for KYCOM seems to be too low IMO...

Are these MCAT scores current? 22 MCAT for KYCOM seems to be too low IMO...

I got these off another SDN thread with Lizzy M scores for 2012. If you have another resource I can find some more data I'd be happy to incorporate.

What is the $530 fee for VCOM-VA? I don't remember there being any fees (unless this is extra fees/costs associated tuition).

VCOM-VA has a $1500 deposit and WVSOM has a $3000 deposit.

What is the $530 fee for VCOM-VA? I don't remember there being any fees (unless this is extra fees/costs associated tuition).

VCOM-VA has a $1500 deposit and WVSOM has a $3000 deposit.

Yea it is some sort of misc fee with tuition

Last edited:
I got these off another SDN thread with Lizzy M scores for 2012. If you have another resource I can find some more data I'd be happy to incorporate.

I thought the Lizzy M spreadsheet was only for MD....I was not aware there was one for DO...Can you provide the link?

this is really cool- thanks for sharing this!

All, I have added another analysis metric that includes interfolio cost. All you have to do is enter how many letters you have. This calculation is based under the assumption that they will be sending the letters of rec electronically at the rate of $6 per letter per school. See interfolio delivery pricing and shipping options for more info. Thanks for all the compliments!

All, I have added another analysis metric that includes interfolio cost. All you have to do is enter how many letters you have. This calculation is based under the assumption that they will be sending the letters of rec electronically at the rate of $6 per letter per school. See interfolio delivery pricing and shipping options for more info. Thanks for all the compliments!

I thought it was $6 per delivery to a school if done electronically.

OP, I noticed some of your stats are outdated.... these are the ones that stood out and found their corrections:

(current stats)
WVSOM mcat=25 sGPA=3.37
OSU COM mcat=27 sGPA/cGPA=3.6
OUHCOM mcat=27.2 cGPA=3.64
SOMA mcat=27 cGPA=3.42, sGPA=3.32
VCOM mcat >25 sGPA=3.52, cGPA=3.59

I thought it was $6 per delivery to a school if done electronically.

Hey guys I updated the spread sheet with the GPAs and MCAT as well as fixed the calculation for interfolio. Thanks for all the input!

Last edited:
OP, I noticed some of your stats are outdated.... these are the ones that stood out and found their corrections:

(current stats)
WVSOM mcat=25 sGPA=3.37
OSU COM mcat=27 sGPA/cGPA=3.6
OUHCOM mcat=27.2 cGPA=3.64
SOMA mcat=27 cGPA=3.42, sGPA=3.32
VCOM mcat >25 sGPA=3.52, cGPA=3.59

Thanks I updated it:D

Last edited:
This thing is dreaming awesome. I love it! Trying to decide which school to apply to get verified lol

Please just edit the "x" cells indicating which schools you want to apply to. I keep going back to the sheet and people are deleting columns that make the worksheet useless. If you accidentally delete something just post on here that you did and I will fix it. Its better if people who don't have access to excel to use google sheets and people that do just download the excel file,which is better in my opinion. Thanks for your support.

Please just edit the "x" cells indicating which schools you want to apply to. I keep going back to the sheet and people are deleting columns that make the worksheet useless. If you accidentally delete something just post on here that you did and I will fix it. Its better if people who don't have access to excel to use google sheets and people that do just download the excel file,which is better in my opinion. Thanks for your support.

Make the form read only.

That way people will copy the form on to their own google documents and use it there.

Make the form read only.

That way people will copy the form on to their own google documents and use it there.

yea but then there are those who don't have google accounts. It's not that big of a deal,just want people to say something when something is deleted. I'm just trying to make the document to all my fellow DO peoples :D

Is there anything like this for MD? ( Specifically the application cost calculator)

first necropost I am happy to see, I didnt know this little jewel existed
I try to avoid being a necromancer, but I found this useful and wish an AMCAS version existed as well since I'm applying DO & MD

$80k+ for MSU out of state tuition!!!???

IT'S A STATE SCHOOL...

I'm starting to think I should've just gone with LECOM-B or should've been born in TX.

I believe Rowan SOM is at 29-30 MCAT average. I can check

I think the harder part when figuring out the fiances is gauging:
a) how many secondaries you think you will realistically get
b) how many interviews you will actually get
c) which schools you have a fair shot at so you can start saving for the deposits which vary wildly (from like $250-3000)

Thats my trouble at least... I am applying to 12 DO schools, so I am trying to find enough old threads with people who had similar stats to me and compare how many secondaries and interviews they got, and at where. Its like freaking impossible.

thats a pretty big job for AMCAS. Just a lot more schools.... It certainly would be nice though
Just the financial part would be nice. I've already done the other work on my own and with old templates you can find on SDN

http://legacy.touro.edu/med/demo2017.html

http://www.pcom.edu/Admissions/adm_FAQs/DoFaqs.html
Q. Who attends PCOM?A: In 2012, the entering D.O. Class of 2016 consisted of 268 first-time students from different colleges and states. The average class GPA was 3.46, the science GPA was 3.37 and the mean MCAT score was 28. Students averaged 23 years of age with a range from 21 to 39; 49 percent are women and 18 percent are under-represented minorities.