New to SDN and just took the DAT today

Started by DredFryer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DredFryer

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I took the DAT this morning, and I have to say, keeping your nerves before and during the exam is key (see below to see what I mean). Anyway, as a preface to my scores, I studied for about 60 days for about 5 hours a day during this semester finishing up my pre-reqs (I'm a post-bacc) and running a dental lab.

O-Chem - 22
Gen Chem - 24
Bio - 21
PAT - 20
RC - 20
QR - 17 🙂eek🙂
Total Science - 22
AA - 21

Science GPA - 4.0
Everything else - 3.7ish

So, in terms of studying for the DAT, I had to balance studying for the DAT and the other classes I'm taking. As a result, I did a combination of Chad's vids, Destroyer & Cliff's AP Bio to study. My QR score reflects how one should try to avoid getting flustered during the exam, granted my QR section was much tougher than I expected, I still wasted a lot of time.

So my question(s) to you is; How competitive are my scores/GPA? Will my QR score end up hurting me in the long-run? Is it worth taking the DAT again to move up a few points?

-Thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad