open residency and fellowship positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freelancewriter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The websites posting PGY2 vacancies thread (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112757) was viewed by 500+, so I thought I'd broaden the topic.

I'm not affiliated with www.careermd.com in any way, but am a fan of their simple site interface. I post this for informational purposes, and am curious what other resources/Web sites people use for this purpose.

The careermd site lists residency openings (PG1, PG2, PG3, etc.) and fellowship openings. They also list physician openings. I checked FP and they list many residency openings. The specialty list is comprehensive, though.

If you're a lurking PD looking to post an opening, you can post them for free at this site. They give you password access to write your own description and remove the post at any time. (I'm guessing that this is a concern of PDs. If you have an open position from two years ago still on the Web, it might make your program look bad. Even though PDs have password access at this site, some apparently fail to remove openings.)

What other resources/Web sites do people use for this purpose?

Members don't see this ad.

Surely there are other Web sites or resources people use to find upper level residency openings. Share with all of us :)

I think scutwork.com will post open residency positions, as well as each individual professional association will have a board/listing of open positions for PDs to post. Finally, I think there was a link on the sf match site with open advanced positions.

Like your work, freelancewriter! :clap:

Thanks for the kudos, Finally, and the link, Kalel. The other board referenced AMA. That one looks very easy to use. It also seems pretty easy for PDs to post and remove vacancies. (As I mentioned before, removing may be as critical as posting a vacancy in terms of reputation. Just look how Scutwork archives positions that didn't fill during the Match, and people talk about unfilled programs on this forum as if it's always a bad sign):
http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/6920.html

Doesn't seem like a lot of positions are listed on the AMA site. They only list six for FP, for instance.

Scutwork doesn't seem to have any vacancy listings page.

There is a site called findaresident run by AAMC (the ERAS folks). There is a fee for the resident searching for another position, and you must pay the fee before you can access any specific information. Not a lot of programs listed, either, outside of FP. If you're in FP looking to make a switch, there are a lot listed (34 PG2):
https://services.aamc.org/findaresident/Index.cfm?fuseaction=login.positions&CFID=113044&CFTOKEN

My favorites so far are www.careermd.com and AMA site, because they are free :thumbup: and very easy to use :thumbup: :thumbup: