Online Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDO

MS III
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, some schools post their secondaries online. If anyone has the link to any of them could you post them here?

LECOM Secondary

btw, LECOM wants SAT scores!!:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

How did you get this secondary from LECOM? Did you get an email from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious, the lecom has a sheet for an osteopathic physician to fill out as your "evaluation". If you already have a letter from an osteopathic physician does that mean they have to fill that out as well?

Nope, at the top it says that a letter on an official letterhead will substitute.

JohnDO, how did you get the LECOM secondary? Did you find it online or have it emailed to you? Thanks.

oh sorry about that. I found it on their webpage. That's the 2004 one, but the format of the 2005 should be the same. You can at least get a head start with it.

JohnDO said:
Nope, at the top it says that a letter on an official letterhead will substitute.

What would constitute an "official" letterhead?

bgreet said:
What would constitute an "official" letterhead?

Whatever the physician uses on official letters. Most physicians have their own official letterhead.

This is a useful thread; I am officially asking a mod to sticky it.

If they don't sticky it, I'll just bump it everyday!

Thanks.

Is it true that the schools tell you whether they've considered you for a secondary application? Because I got an email from KCOM, so I'm assuming we have to wait for the individual schools to invite us to fill out an application...right?? I'm confused.... :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you wait to hear from the schools first. However you can fill out the secondaries if there are online and have them ready to go so when you hear from the school, you are one step ahead.

Can anyone tell me how many essays are on the PCOM and NSU supplementals? If so, please give me an idea of what they are asking for. Still waiting and I want to have the essays complete when the supplementals arrive. Thanks.

csh

You'll probably find your answer much quicker if you do a search.

I don't know about NSU, but PCOM's is this:

1. "Please attach a brief statement indicating why you wish to become an osteopathic physician. Indicate specific reasons why you want to attend PCOM.

2. What health care experiences have you had?

3. If you are a reapplicant, what have you done since your last app to make your a more competitive applicant.

thank you for that information. if anyone has any information about nsu, please give me an idea. thanks
csh

Azcom

Lecom

Nycom

Oucom

Umdnj-som

Tucom Nevada

The NOVA secondary can be found online at webstar.nova.edu under "admissions". Don't submit it until they invite you to fill out but you can start it before then. No real essays, just general info like
past employment,
health-care related activities (list),
which DO and MD schools you're applying to,
and if you've ever matriculated into an MD or DO program.

Lily717 said:
The NOVA secondary can be found online at webstar.nova.edu under "admissions". Don't submit it until they invite you to fill out but you can start it before then. No real essays, just general info like
past employment,
health-care related activities (list),
which DO and MD schools you're applying to,
and if you've ever matriculated into an MD or DO program.

can u submit it online? :)

hottie said:
can u submit it online? :)

Yep, along with the $50 on a credit card--my favorite part. :smuggrin:

JohnDO said:
From what I understand, some schools post their secondaries online. If anyone has the link to any of them could you post them here?

LECOM Secondary

btw, LECOM wants SAT scores!!:eek:
I didn't take the SAT, only the ACT. I left that part blank and still got invited for interviews at both campuses.

FutureDocDO said:
I didn't take the SAT, only the ACT. I left that part blank and still got invited for interviews at both campuses.

You know, that's the weirdest question to ask for precisely this reason. I took the SAT, but most of my classmates just took the ACT. Also, do they reallly care? They have your MCAT -- why do they need to know your SAT?

Anyway, I know I don't remember my exact SAT, and I know I took it before they reconfigured the scoring. I hope to have no clue what my SAT was in ten years (seriously, what a lame thing to remember 20 years after taking it).

I remember having that question too... I never took either of those tests. Took a GED to get my hs proficiency. Then went to community college and they didn't require an SAT. Leaving that question blank didn't affect my application process.

I figured I would bring this one back from the dead since some of these links are still active.

EMT2ER-DOC said:
They did not work for me.

NSU and DMU should work, I checked a couple of others and they did not