Interview- take notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCMDwannabe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During an interview, do people take folders, notepads etc to take notes or anything? Im wondering if i should take a bigger bag with me to my interview to put my school's folder in.

please indicate your experience and other interviewees who you may have seen during your interview.

Members don't see this ad.

I brought a bag big enough to accomodate the folders and stuff they give you. If need be, I can stuff some comfy shoes in that thing, too. I also seen other interviewees carry portfolios and legal pads for taking notes during the informational sessions.

I'd been to an interview taking skills session a couple of days ago.

they say, you should have a notepad and a pen small one that you can fit in your pocket. on the notepad you gotta have questions for the interviewer that you might wanna know about their school. Before going to the interview you should be prepared with your questions about the school. because you dont really wanna go.." oh i have no questions at all" they get an impression that you aren't inquisitive which is not a very good thing for the doctors. If you look up stuff during the interview by drawing stuff from your folder, they interviewer might get bored. You really dont want that.
good luck.
pri

Definitely, just to repeat what everyone has said....notepads/folders are a good way to gather your thoughts about that school and to note down some important information during information sessions or something you might hear and need clarification upon.... you definitely don't want to pull your folder out during interview and go down the list of questions with your interviewer. Just before interview go over them and ask without taking the folder out. And also don't start writing down stuff when the interviewer is answering......listen, maintain eye contact, smile, and look interested :).