Univ of Pittsburgh - any opinios?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vooder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one has any ideas about Univ of Pittsburgh program?
I have interview there, but it doesn't fit into my schedule very well.
I can't decide whether to cancel it or go? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Vooder said:
Does any one has any ideas about Univ of Pittsburgh program?
I have interview there, but it doesn't fit into my schedule very well.
I can't decide whether to cancel it or go? :confused:

See my post in the "official residency review" section.....Solid program, No weakness, Work at 7 different hospitals (little class interaction), very easy hours and call schedule. Pittsburgh is pretty (rolling hills and trees), but the traffic is the worst I've EVER seen....live in Chicago!!

I liked Pitt, but I didn't get a great vibe from the residents. Maybe they seemed a little aloof. One thing that stood out was the way they used their simulator. I recognize that the simulator is a controversial thing that has not been proven to make better anesthesiologists, and I tend not to get impressed by useless bells and whistles, but compared to other programs, Pitt seemed to have a pretty well developed curriculum built around their sim center, and I got the feeling that, for me, it would make me more comfortable starting out. Otherwise, they have a ton of faculty and a ton of hospitals, which, to me is a bit of a con. I got the feeling it'd be hard to establish any kind of relations with that many faculty.

Thanks everyone for your insight.
I had canceled interview in UPitt despite good feedbacks. Primarily because I am sure it wouldn't be in the top 5 of my ROL.