Yale vs. Columbia vs. MGH vs. BID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

palabra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen a review or two about the above programs but I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind throwing in a few more of their two cents about Yale, MGH, Columbia, and BID.

Members don't see this ad.

So I guess this was a lame post? So nobody wants to throw out even an idea as to how they would rank them or any nice tidbits?

If not that's a'ight. Back to the forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's all up to you. They're all great programs, you can't go wrong with their training.

But what are you looking for? The best training? Best lifestyle? Best location? Best work atmosphere? Best teaching? Best cards training? Peds? Neuro? Critical care? Special research areas?

Bestest is for whom bestest does. :D

all good programs...

1st decide - where do you want to live
2nd decide - who do you fit in with the best

i have the impression that a number of people chose to go to BID (bias: rising CA-1) partially because it is a harvard hospital and in years past they have had better board scores than brigham and MGH...but I would bet "MGH" carries more punch on shear name recognition.

yale seems to not get much love on the 'net...i can't say i could tell you why. maybe b/c new haven is not too happening for most people, but cheaper than boston on nyc.

also, where do you want to practice? name recognition is much more important within a given region (ie, emory in GA)

listen to those on this forum wiser than you. privelege location and program fit much more than name recognition