OHSU vs Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Wife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help.... any thoughts on these two very different programs??? Do you think Yale would benefit or make a significant difference for us post residency? TIA!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd have to disagree with the above post. Of the senior residents here at Yale, at least a third of the class is seeking a job on the west coast. None of the residents had any difficulty obtaining interviews and lucrative offers on the west coast despite the physical distance of our program from there.
The faculty and program reputation is well-connected nationally, so job-wise this isn't so much an issue between Yale and OHSU.

Having rotated at OHSU as a student, however....it really all depends what you are looking for in a program. Both programs are solid. I'm biased of course, but I think Yale has a better reputation historically though not by much. OHSU is a smaller program as far as numbers of residents compared to Yale and that can be a difference in the experience there.

I'm happy where I am and I know I won't have a problem finding a job back on the west coast....hope you can find the program that best suits you. Good luck!