Our interview season is over but you're not rejected....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abracadabra

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever gotten a letter pre-interview from a school saying that the school is no longer interviewing buttheir is a slight chance they might change their minds and if they do you are one of the few who would be considered for an interview.

basically they told me i was this ~~~>[ ]<~~~ close to getting an interview but didnt, yet they want me to hold on to that last thread of hope

just wanted some insight on why a school would even bother to send out a letter like that instead just putting the agony of waiting to an end

Members don't see this ad.

abracadabra said:
has anyone ever gotten a letter pre-interview from a school saying that the school is no longer interviewing buttheir is a slight chance they might change their minds and if they do you are one of the few who would be considered for an interview.

basically they told me i was this ~~~>[ ]<~~~ close to getting an interview but didnt, yet they want me to hold on to that last thread of hope

just wanted some insight on why a school would even bother to send out a letter like that instead just putting the agony of waiting to an end

Because they can :p Just kidding... Isn't anyone else disgusted by the fact that we are at their mercy? By the way, which school are you talking about?

GW....

i suppose youre right, i would like to think that since ive already been accepted at another school i will prevent any further self tortment and put GW in the lose column and get over it.... but i know i will still hang on to that last thread of hope until i get the official rejection letter in sept....

Members don't see this ad :)
abracadabra said:
GW....

i suppose youre right, i would like to think that since ive already been accepted at another school i will prevent any further self tortment and put GW in the lose column and get over it.... but i know i will still hang on to that last thread of hope until i get the official rejection letter in sept....

Anyone know if the posters under GW on the official rejection thread have been sent a true letter of rejection, and not just a 'pre-int hold' letter?

i received the same letter today -- so maybe our 'slim' category is more common than they're implying.
i mean honestly, why not just reject us? i find it nearly impossible that out of all the people they interviewed that they would have everyone that they accepted and waitlisted go elsewhere and need to pull people like us from some dusty filing cabinet to fill the slot. or why not just interview us and potentially add us to your waiting list?
i hate this process :mad:

i got the same thing today from GW. its not a select category, i'd assume it's all of us.

nona1 said:
Anyone know if the posters under GW on the official rejection thread have been sent a true letter of rejection, and not just a 'pre-int hold' letter?

I got both. I got the hold pre-interview letter back a couple months ago and a few days ago I got the outright rejection letter.

nona1 said:

I got a flat out rejection from them, so it is a different category.

Just got that letter today. I used it to swab up leftover residue from my oil pan after I changed the oil in my car. But I especially enjoyed the underlined words "very slim". Sadists... :mad:

i was on hold and just got back to find a nice rejection letter watiting for me. doh!

i got the slim chance letter too...anyone know if this has been done in years passed...or if anyone has ever interviewed from this useless pool??

abracadabra said:

That is just straight up cruel! I'd rather be put out of my misery....

the negative 1 said:
Just got that letter today. I used it to swab up leftover residue from my oil pan after I changed the oil in my car. But I especially enjoyed the underlined words "very slim". Sadists... :mad:

Well, while you especially enjoyed the underlined "very slim", I especially enjoyed the repitition of the phrase "very slim" later in the later. It should have said, in case you are an idiot, what I said was, ha ha suck it.

"slim chance" here as well. I like GW, but this is kind of weird, unless they actually do go through a significant number of files in the summer. We'll see...

I got the summer letter too...let's be optimistic about it. I definately prefer it over a rejection...