Who's this African American URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IF that is true, which I doubt it is, that is absolutely absurd! :mad:

SCUBA GIRL said:

Do you think it's real? I would be suspicious based on the id number. Supposedly the applicant applied in 2003, but their number is only about 50 less then my id from this year. They assign those chronologically don't they? I guess they could have just not gotten an mdapplicants profile until after they matriculated, but seems kind of strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally fake. Who would ever put "URM" in ethnicity, as if to emphasize it? And all the ec's dealing with minorities is a bit over the top. My guess is it was made up by someone against affirmative action to show how such an "underqualified" URM was taking that someone's self-proclaimed much-deserved spot.

NapeSpikes said:
Totally fake. Who would ever put "URM" in ethnicity, as if to emphasize it?

you can click on a box that asks if you're applying as a urm and it shows up on the mdapplicants page like that

SpeedRacer said:
you can click on a box that asks if you're applying as a urm and it shows up on the mdapplicants page like that
Really? I stand corrected. Still fake I say.

SDNtheone said:
This is fake.. My black friend who had 3.9 and 34 did not even get an interview from harvard so I would be very surprised if they took this guy.
Glad to see that someone else has the marbles to use that dreaded "b" word :eek:

atrovariousg said:
Glad to see that someone else has the marbles to use that dreaded "b" word :eek:

shhh! you're supposed to look around first before saying it.

I'd call BS. WashU is all about the MCAT, which this guy just doesn't have.

SDNtheone said:
This is fake.. My black friend who had 3.9 and 34 did not even get an interview from harvard so I would be very surprised if they took this guy.

I know of a lot of black applicants with below average scores who got into the nation's top schools. I don't believe that there is any credibility to your story.

unbiasedopinion said:
I know of a lot of black applicants with below average scores who got into the nation's top schools. I don't believe that there is any credibility to your story.

They must be noble prize winners

SCUBA GIRL said:
They must be noble prize winners
The link shows nothing:

App # 0000
VR,PS,BS
GPA: 0.00
BCMP GPA: 0.00

Am I missing something?

LadyJubilee8_18 said:
The link shows nothing:

App # 0000