Printing PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Okay, so I followed the guidlines for formatting the PS. I tried printing out one of my PS and the margins cut of some of the words. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Toast said:
Okay, so I followed the guidlines for formatting the PS. I tried printing out one of my PS and the margins cut of some of the words. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Go to "Page Setup" and set your left and right margins to 0.20 or less. Then you will be good to go!

Wow, thanks! Quick dumb question and I'll leave you alone. Do programs use the 0.25 L/R margins to print out personal statements?

Toast said:
Wow, thanks! Quick dumb question and I'll leave you alone. Do programs use the 0.25 L/R margins to print out personal statements?

According to ERAS, "since the number of characters that will fit on a printed page, varies with the printer settings of every program's printer, it is not possible to predetermine the exact length of the document that the program will review".

http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/guideline/05.htm#ps

Therefore, for each program, you do Not know how long your personal statement is going to print out as. It may be 0.75 page or 1.0 page. You just don't know. A simple rule to follow if you want to keep your personal statment to approximately 1 page long is keep it less than 800 words.