***2006 Top Choice Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your top choice?

• Total voters

GonnaBADentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your top choice? This is a repost with school names listed correctly.

Members don't see this ad.

GonnaBADentist said:
What is your top choice? This is a repost with school names listed correctly.

bump

Members don't see this ad :)
Stop the "bumb" talk. This is a useful poll.

GonnaBADentist said:
it's "bump" not "bumb" and i suspect you don't know what it means...

BUMP

GonnaBADentist said:

no it's not... because a lot of votes are just going to go to whatever is the closest state school.

this is highly unuseful. way to waste bandwidth.

What? Votes simply going to the closest state school? I disagree.

I think it's more "interesting" than useful/not useful.

syn_apse said:
it's "bump" not "bumb" and i suspect you don't know what it means...

BUMP

For those of you wondering, "bump" means "Bring Up My Post" and is a useful way to post a little something to one in order to bring it to the top of a thread, where it gets more attention.
;)

Sprgrover said:
For those of you wondering, "bump" means "Bring Up My Post" and is a useful way to post a little something to one in order to bring it to the top of a thread, where it gets more attention.
;)

Thanks. I didn't know.

is columbia so popular because it is an ivy or b/c of the high % of grads who specialize?

Members don't see this ad :)
bkwash said:
is columbia so popular because it is an ivy or b/c of the high % of grads who specialize?

Can not quite imagine this, but I hear both the medical and dental students at columbia are known to party harty.

Beestieboy said:
What? Votes simply going to the closest state school? I disagree.

I think it's more "interesting" than useful/not useful.

no, you just don't know what you're talking about.

closest state school -> cheapest tuition -> predilection for large group of students to make selection thus.

who cares what SDN pre dents want to go to, most of them can't even figure out how to apply! Look at all the questions about: "how do I fill out aadsas forms blah blah blah". They should all be sent to Guam to harvest palm trees, and engage in some kind of game ala the movie Battle Royale and then have the surviving winner go to dental school.

drengineer said:
Why are you unemployed?

I finished college in June, so I'm currently unemployed and doing nothing productive with my life. I live at home with my parents, and my mom is a homemaker :scared: I find myself waking up at noon to check the mail and then spend the rest of the day constantly refreshing my email box and aadsas "at designated schools" box. SDN is my savior, but people need to post more often to keep me entertained. My life is so lame.

I can't wait to find out where I get accepted. The sooner the better...then I can live in a small villa in Spain for months at a time working as a bus boy in order to get by. I would work during the day, enjoy siesta, then roam the streets of Barcolona in search for a hot Spanish girl waiting to be wooed by an American Pre-dent. That would be a great life.

Oh, December 1st, where art thou?!!?

Spain is exotic, there's no doubt about that.

Sprgrover said:
;)

Bump

Wow. I'm so glad I know what that means now. I am at peace . . .

kind of surprising that UCLA is more popular than UCSF...

Great thread...had to go with Penn.

Wow this thread came back from the dead. Thanks dat_student!

This thread is still relevant, I think.

good thread.

Temple....excellent clinical program...second would be a toss up between Michigan and Maryland