osteopathic shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlc165

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am student at the University of Pittsburgh. I have been trying to find a DO to shadow but I am having difficulty finding a physician. I was wondering if anyone from the area is familiar with any osteopathic doctors that are willing to have a shadow or any suggestions of how to get in contact with one. Also, do most schools require shadow of a DO or is experience in any medical setting okay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
we should make some kind of post for a pre-osteopathic FAQ

If you could do that, it'd be very helpful to us n00bs. Trying to filter through the posts for what's really essential is a bit difficult, and the AOA site requires a username. I won't be applying for another couple of years yet, so I'm nowhere near that point.

Thanks!

I just made a thread called do I need a DO letter. Look at the bottom there is a template for a shadowing request. Send out as many as you can

Contact the shadyside family health clinic. It's across from UPMC Shadyside and they were very accommodating when it came to shadowing a DO when I was still in the area.

No DO shadowing, no DO letter, accepted to 4 DO schools.

Keep in mind, however, that some DO schools require a DO letter just to apply. Grats on your success, though!

Contact the shadyside family health clinic. It's across from UPMC Shadyside and they were very accommodating when it came to shadowing a DO when I was still in the area.

This sounds... shady.:cool:

Sent from my SPH-L700 using Tapatalk 2

Unless you are in a DO school or a DO, you cannot register for an AOA account