The Newest Admissions Statistics 2004-2005 Entering Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Generallee

NYUCD 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay SDNers,

Here is the latest admissions statistics for last years entering class of 2004-2005... I guess the 43rd Edition of the "2005-06 Official Guide to Dental Schools" booklet is a year behind as far as the admissions statistics go. The statistics for the class that just entered in Fall 2005 is not published in this edition and will probably be published in the 44th Edition which will come out again for the next cycle (2006-07).

Enjoy!

Members don't see this ad.

Generallee said:
Okay SDNers,

Here is the latest admissions statistics for last years entering class of 2004-2005... I guess the 43rd Edition of the "2005-06 Official Guide to Dental Schools" booklet is a year behind as far as the admissions statistics go. The statistics for the class that just entered in Fall 2005 is not published in this edition and will probably be published in the 44th Edition which will come out again for the next cycle (2006-07).

Enjoy!

Thanks

great post Generallee! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, when did UCSF become a private school? :) It's surprising to see that UCSF actually has more students above 30 than UOP; and that UOP's PAT isn't too far from other Cal schools. Great info.

WOW! the academic averages are around 19! and these stats are from the application cycle TWO YEARS ago!

Imagine what last years stats were!

It's getting tougher each year - IMAGINE this Year!

EVERYBODY - PAAAANIC !!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

EVERYBODY - PAAAANIC !!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:[/QUOTE]
that's exactly what I feel:)

iambatman said:
WOW! the academic averages are around 19! and these stats are from the application cycle TWO YEARS ago!

Imagine what last years stats were!

It's getting tougher each year - IMAGINE this Year!

EVERYBODY - PAAAANIC !!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Those stats are from last year.

thanks for the info generallee.

luder98 said:
Wow, when did UCSF become a private school? :) It's surprising to see that UCSF actually has more students above 30 than UOP; and that UOP's PAT isn't too far from other Cal schools. Great info.

UCSF didn't become private...I made a typo. Oops. I must have been :sleep:

I went and fixed it... should be updated now.

Thanks! It's very helpful!

what u mean 2004/2005 is two years ago? thats last years stats, the ones that just entered dental school this year. Thats the most recent stat u can get. this year is not out yet because no one is accepted yet. To keep it simple those are fresh stats.

Thanks General

General,

I'm curious why Creighton University is not listed. Since I am part of the 2004-2005 class, it would be interesting to see the statistics.

Omahahahaha said:
General,

I'm curious why Creighton University is not listed. Since I am part of the 2004-2005 class, it would be interesting to see the statistics.

I was wondering the same, since I'm applying there this cycle. It's nice to hear that they haven't shut it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
adr12 said:
I was wondering the same, since I'm applying there this cycle. It's nice to hear that they haven't shut it down.

were they considering closing it?

Umm......think about it! class of 2004-2005!

People that started Two months ago (in August) would be class of 2005-2006, because the academic year is, well, a year long - which will take you to 2006!

So, the stats posted are for the 2004-2005 class. Which means, they started in 2004, and just ended this year. These students are currently in their second year of dental shool.

*Remember, it's not the 2004-2005 'application cycle'!
It's the 2004-2005, class!

Maybe this makes some sense!

And yeah, where is Creighton?

Also, Gen Lee - I didn't know you typed it out yourself - THANKS!

organichemistry said:
were they considering closing it?

It was a joke. :idea:

iambatman is correct, those stats are from 2 years ago.

iambatman said:

People that started Two months ago (in August) would be class of 2005-2006, because the academic year is, well, a year long - which will take you to 2006!

So, the stats posted are for the 2004-2005 class. Which means, they started in 2004, and just ended this year. These students are currently in their second year of dental shool.

Hey guys,

Yup, I'm human after all. I left out Creighton. Sorry all you Creighton fans! I updated the list and should be on there now.

IamBatman is correct about the stats. These are stats of the current 2nd year students in dental school. This year's 1st year dental student's stats will come out in the next "official guide to dental schools" which would be the 44th edition. ADEA most likely did this because by the time they published the 43rd edition guide, all the stats from all the dental schools weren't available yet. So, depending on how you see it, the stats can be either 1 year old (if you don't include this years 1st year dental students stats) or 2 years old (if you do include this years 1st year dental students stats). Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for catching the mistakes....and keep em coming if you find more!

Oh ok i guess i dunno what i'm talking about then. Sorry.

iambatman said:

You might want to check your math before you rant, I AM a 2nd year, the Class of 2008 at the bottom should have been your first clue.

BTW, Creighton is in wonderful Omaha, Nebraska.

General,
Thanks for the update, remember Creighton is a private school.

Peace!

Omahahahaha said:
General,
Thanks for the update, remember Creighton is a private school.

Peace!

Thanks! It's updated now! :)

Generallee said:
Thanks! It's updated now! :)

heyyy! That was very quick! good job! You put a lot of time into this you deserve a round of applause! :clap: :clap: :clap:

iambatman said:

So do you have one for the 2005-2006 cycle somewhere. I like to see that.

IWuvTeef said:
Those stats are from last year.

Those stats are from two application cycles ago. Those students that entered dental school during the 2004-2005 are the class of 2008 (except UOP) and are now second year dental students.

Sprgrover said:
Those stats are from two application cycles ago. Those students that entered dental school during the 2004-2005 are the class of 2008 (except UOP) and are now second year dental students.

Arizona class entering 2005-2006 cycle
The Average DAT 18.5
average overall GPA 3.4
average science GPA 3.3

Those are all the stats I remember. They are available at the school with additional information

the-badger said:
Arizona class entering 2005-2006 cycle
The Average DAT 18.5
average overall GPA 3.4
average science GPA 3.3

Those are all the stats I remember. They are available at the school with additional information

I was just going to post those same numbers. Thanks!

Sprgrover said:

Correct, those stats are from my class, the class of 2008. And might i say, i didn't know that our stats were higher than UF's. Down with those damn gators!

JRogoff said:
Correct, those stats are from my class, the class of 2008. And might i say, i didn't know that our stats were higher than UF's. Down with those damn gators!

Easy man...if you're not a gator, you're GATOR BAIT! :)

Wow! Someone at New York Univ. is 53 yrs old!

Well, there's hope in case I never make it in my 30's or 40's? :confused: I hope not!

I'll be 33-34 when I apply. Luckily I still look like 23 :laugh: But I don't think that helps! :scared:

And what's up with Harvard? No over 30 yrs old students :(

sunphish said:
Easy man...if you're not a gator, you're GATOR BAIT! :)

We'll see, come that late November day in the swamp....

bumpage. took me awhile to find this again! :)

university of detroit mecry had the same dat average, but more students got accepted without a bachelor.