-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Georgia
Started by HopefulUGACVM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi. I called UGA yesterday to find out when admissions notifications would go out: At the earliest, they will be mailed on the afternoon of March 28th and the latest, March 31st, a Friday.
You will be getting something from them this week or next about financial aid deadlines, I think -- but not an admissions decision.
I know that three weeks still seems ages from now, but I hope that helps!
You will be getting something from them this week or next about financial aid deadlines, I think -- but not an admissions decision.
I know that three weeks still seems ages from now, but I hope that helps!
HaHa. Good Ole South taking their time! When I called mid-February Teresa said (laughing) that they were "trying" to get decisions mailed by the 1st (as in March). But when she told me this laughing I decided not to hold my breath. After five months whats another few weeks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
keppsu1 said:Of course, I live in the one state that sends the letters out last.
Good luck to all.
Hehe 🙂 actually I think UF is running a close race with UGA as to "who gets to mail letters last" since they arent planning on mailing letters until the 30th! they might not even get out until the 31st! I'm hoping to hear April 1st but have resigned myself to April 3rd or 4th :-/
good luck anyhow! its only next week!!!
keppsu1 said:Of course, I live in the one state that sends the letters out last.
Good luck to all.
Don't worry. Tennessee is also saying they MIGHT get their letters out by April 1. It's a southern thing.
I got news from UGA today and I did not get in. Oh well. There's always next year.
🙁 Sorry to hear that guys... they weren't very nice to their instaters today, were they?
keppsu1 said:Congratulations almostglue. Maybe your spot at Michigan State will give me an opportunity to go to vet school (assuming you go in state of course). 😉
Thanks, I was shocked they actually got the letters out before the so-called 'last day' they'd mail them out. I'll most likely be going to UGA, but I'm not totally decided yet. Sorry you didn't get the news you wanted, but good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
V
veggirl
Nothing here yet either. I'm counting down to March 21st. I am hoping to have my letter by then.....good or bad. Although good would be much more appreciated 🙂
S
smoknjoe44
I called UGA the other day, and they said that they would be sending out the letters by the end of this upcoming week, as in the week of March 10th. I think their spring break is the following week, so that is probably why...I hope that's true! I can't wait any longer.
V
veggirl
Oh wow! That would be great to know in a week or so! I guess if they send them out by the 14th, we should get them around the 17-19th (or somewhere around there). I hope thats true too! It would be nice to know what we will be doing for the next year! Good luck to you guys and have fun stalking the mailman the next week or so! 🙂
I called UGA the other day, and they said that they would be sending out the letters by the end of this upcoming week, as in the week of March 10th. I think their spring break is the following week, so that is probably why...I hope that's true! I can't wait any longer.
Thank for the update Smoknjoe. Looks like I will need to change my countdown clock.
Wow! that means you guys in GA could actually hear something by Saturday. How exciting!
For the people who get accepted, could you please post whether your references were contacted (if you know) since this was a topic we couldn't get answered concretely?
Much
to all.
V
veggirl
Two of my references were called today from UGA! I'm not sure if that means anything concrete?? And UGA is my IS, so I don't know what that means for the OS time frame?? But we are definitely getting closer to that time... Its a good thing too because I don't know how much longer I can wait!
S
smoknjoe44
Two of my references were called today from UGA! I'm not sure if that means anything concrete?? And UGA is my IS, so I don't know what that means for the OS time frame?? But we are definitely getting closer to that time... Its a good thing too because I don't know how much longer I can wait!
Yeah, they called one of my references a week or so ago. My teacher who is a vet and who also wrote one of my references said that they did not call him about me, but he said that that was not necessarily bad. He said that the committee consists of three people and they will make a phone call or two (but they at least make one call) depending on if they feel like they need some clarification. So, one or two phone calls is not necessarily bad or good.
Also, someone I know called yesterday and they told her that the letters should be sent out 7-10 days from yesterday. So, so far, I've gotten two different answers, but all in all, it seems like sometime next week. Also, my teacher said that he beleived that the comittee met today, so I think the answer that I was given first (letters sent out by the end of this week) is closer to a better answer. So, hopefully anywhere from Sat.-Tues?
Good luck to you all!
Yeeeaaahhh! This still give me hope. I will just assume for my sanity that my references we so spectacular that no clarification was necessary. 😛 (not being conceted, Im totally joking) Hey, I need to make up something so I can get some sleep and stop thinking about all this stuff. I have a major Ochem test on Monday, so that takes priority.
OMG Projekt you almost gave me a heart attack with this post. Tomarrow is the day. But I guess no one will hear anything until at least Saturday or Monday depending on when the mail goes out. Man, I can hardly wait! It kinda a double edge sword knowing the decisions have been finalized. Nothing else to do but wait. I will be so anxious knowing the IS people will start posting and I will have to wait another day or 2. It takes 3 whole days for mail to go from GA to DE and thats IF its mailed in the am.
S
smoknjoe44
AHHH I got my acceptance letter today, as well as about 7 or so of my classmates!!!!
Me too.
🙄
Feel free to add yourself to the list (cut and paste) and whether your IS or OS.
While were all waiting to get letters...Anyone going to the open house on April 4th? I know its mostly for kids and stuff but I didnt know if anyone might be thinking of going.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Thanks everyone for your support!
What was the postmark on the envelope?
V
veggirl
OMG! I am out of town because I totally didn't expect it so early! How nerve racking!! I might just have to come home early! Do you guys live in Athens??
V
veggirl
Congrats projekt and smoknjoe!!....by the way!
S
smoknjoe44
I live in Northwest GA...about 2.5 hours from UGA. The letter was postmarked yesterday.
I might just have to come home early! Do you guys live in Athens??
I live in Atlanta. I don't have the envelope in front of me so I don't know the postmark.
.
V
veggirl
The waiting continues for me...I'm on the alternates list. Congrats Jersey! And good luck LVT2DVM....I'm rooting for you!!
.
Haha, I doubt it! Go check'em out in the successful applicants threadUGA really looks at GPA, so that helped me a lot. Emphasis on A LOT. I hope you get in, you seem interesting and I'd like to meet you! 🙂
Whelp actually we might be pretty even...maybe theres hope for me yet!😉 My GRE is lower than yours but I have a 3.8 GPA and many YEARS (more than 20,000 hours) working SA, LA, ER, Farm ect...as a tech. I didnt get any mail today. I hope its not a bad sign. Here's to tomarrow......
V
veggirl
No mail's better than bad mail 🙂 It'll come tomorrow! I don't think its a bad sign you didn't get it today. My letter took 2 days to get to me down here in Augusta (an hour and a half away from Athens)! And they send out all the letters the same day, so atleast you know that your letter is in transit! Just try not to think about it (yeah right) and study for your OChem test (fun fun)! Tonight's going to be a looooong night! I'll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
V
veggirl
I spent all of 2 minutes coming up with my name. It went like this: I'm a vegetarian, I'm female, "Veggiechick" was too close to "Veganchick" (already taken)....hence: veggirl. I probably would've put more thought into it if I would have known I would be on here so much! 🙂
V
veggirl
Congrats Spaylady!!
I hope I can join you guys soon!
I hope I can join you guys soon!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 606


UGA really looks at GPA, so that helped me a lot. Emphasis on A LOT. I hope you get in, you seem interesting and I'd like to meet you!