exam krackers audio osmosis??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. i just finished up all the reading for TPR, and ran across the audio cd's from exam krackers called audio osmosis...have any of you guys tried these? and if so, do they work, well? how long does it take to listen to these cd's? im considering pickin' em up..but only have a month to go before the MCAT. any feedback is appreciated..thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

karizma098 said:
Hey guys.. i just finished up all the reading for TPR, and ran across the audio cd's from exam krackers called audio osmosis...have any of you guys tried these? and if so, do they work, well? how long does it take to listen to these cd's? im considering pickin' em up..but only have a month to go before the MCAT. any feedback is appreciated..thanks.
You should check out their webpage www.examkrackers.com and view the Errata section on the forum. Apparently there are hundreds of errors on the audio osmosis series (maybe not hundreds, but a lot...I didn't count them).

I think with only a month left it wont do you much good for the price...especially if you have to spend a lot of time keeping track of which things they say are right and which are wrong.

Johnny

karizma

i have them, and love them!

let me know if you have any questions or are interested!

sasha

JohnnyOU said:
You should check out their webpage www.examkrackers.com and view the Errata section on the forum. Apparently there are hundreds of errors on the audio osmosis series (maybe not hundreds, but a lot...I didn't count them).

I think with only a month left it wont do you much good for the price...especially if you have to spend a lot of time keeping track of which things they say are right and which are wrong.

Johnny

would you please let us know the link to the errata section? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
personally, I started trying to use the cds, but i found them to be pretty ineffective as I'm really not an auditory learner. There would be like 10-15 seconds of introduction jabber by the two guys, then they would start talking about whatever, but if you missed the point, you'd have to jump back to that portion on the track to hear it again. It didn't help that I started zoning out.

I'm sure AO is effective for some people, just not me.

tymothy said:
personally, I started trying to use the cds, but i found them to be pretty ineffective as I'm really not an auditory learner. There would be like 10-15 seconds of introduction jabber by the two guys, then they would start talking about whatever, but if you missed the point, you'd have to jump back to that portion on the track to hear it again. It didn't help that I started zoning out.

I'm sure AO is effective for some people, just not me.

i initially tried listening to these cd's before buying the EK review books and i found it very hard to visualize what the were saying. i had to keep rewinding somethings to understand it (especially physics). it's really useful when u have the books cuz if you are a visual person (like me) it helps supplement the audio.

I had to repeat some tracks a few times to get the info. to sink in. However, I found the AO discs to be very useful, and I would use them in your free time, like in the car to work, on the bus, etc. AO helped me to remember all the little facts and details that show up on the test.

They're excellent as a supplement :thumbup: to the basics of review books & practice problems & more practice problems. I found that I listened to them in the car & other times I would otherwise have listened to the radio.

I'm using them as an intro before the "real" studying begins; then I will use them as a supplement. So far I love 'em; I have found myself being able to do physics in my head now as im driving (which is when I listen to them most.)

Effective? For me... Yes. :thumbup:

When I took the MCAT I hadn't had bio iin 8 years, and I was 4 years out of my undergrad science courses (5 for the pre-req's)...I found them as a good review of the basic science, and I used them a lot...

Listened to them, wrote down almost everything they said while taking notes, then just listened to them when I had free time. If I missed something or zoned out, I'd start the track over until I could pretty much predict what they were going to say.

They helped, but as I said, as a basic science review - I'd suggest doing more problems and practice tests if you know the concepts already...

I listen to them all day at work. Though I don't get all the specifics, it keeps my mind on the subject matter. Then I go home and use TPR books etc. to study. The only side effect is that I literally cringe when I hear the intro music

I have them if anybody is interested in purchasing them

Selling MCAT 3R-8 and Audio Osmosis, PM me if interested.