AADSAS, science/non science GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redalert9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All
First I want to thank everyone on this forum. This is the most helpful forum I found on this web.
I just have a quick question about the category of GPA in the AADSAS application.
Would AADSAS consider that Macroeconomics/Psychology/Stat (in STAT dept)/Sociology in the non-science GPA cat. or other science cat ?

Thanks and GL :luck:
Michael

Members don't see this ad.

redalert9 said:
Hello All
First I want to thank everyone on this forum. This is the most helpful forum I found on this web.
I just have a quick question about the category of GPA in the AADSAS application.
Would AADSAS consider that Macroeconomics/Psychology/Stat (in STAT dept)/Sociology in the non-science GPA cat. or other science cat ?

Thanks and GL :luck:
Michael
BCP Courses (Biology, Chemistry and Physics Courses)
Examples: Anatomy
Biology
Biochemistry
Biophysics
Botany
Chemistry
Genetics
Medicine
Microbiology
Neuroscience
Pathology
Pharmacology
Pharmacy
Physics
Physiology
Zoology

Other Science Courses (Other science courses that do not fall under the categories of Biology, Chemistry or Physics)

Examples: Agriculture
Animal Sciences
Astronomy
Clinical Sciences
Nutrition
Engineering
Health Technology
Geology
Kinesiology
Mathematics
Physical Sciences
Plant Sciences
Sports Sciences

Non-Science Courses (Humanities, Social Sciences, Health Services and miscellaneous courses)

Examples: Anthropology
Art
Behavioral Sciences
Business
Communications
Dental Hygiene
Economics
Education
English
Foreign Languages
Forensic Sciences
History
Humanities
Music
Physical Education
Political Science
Psychology
Public Affairs/Administration
Public Health
Social Sciences
Sociology
Social Work
Speech
Sports Administration

soooo.......the "science" gpa that we receive is actually the "BCP plus Other Sciences" courses?????

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
also......what is the difference between aadsas grade and grade??

thanks everyone for the help.

addsas gpa includes grades of classes your replaced as well. for example.. if you get an F and then retake the class and get an A, your univ. grade will not reflect the F.. but, your addsas grade will.

So when schools refer to our "Science GPA" they're including ALL science courses and not just BCP?

If so I'm screwed.

I'm an engineering major, and I've had some pretty dismal grades in a number of those courses.

It just doesn't seem fair to me that they would weigh me against other people who don't have much other science outside of BCP.

masetime said:
So when schools refer to our "Science GPA" they're including ALL science courses and not just BCP?

If so I'm screwed.

I'm an engineering major, and I've had some pretty dismal grades in a number of those courses.

It just doesn't seem fair to me that they would weigh me against other people who don't have much other science outside of BCP.

this is what i have figured out and...yes, the SCIENCE GPA includes ALL science courses...

BCP + all other science.

:)

masetime said:

If so I'm screwed.

This is correct, science grade = Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Math and a handful of others listed in the instructions of the application.