reading comp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental4life

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any one takin the DAT that remembers their reading topics. I want study some of the topics. Thanks everyone. Dent.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not going to help you to know the topics. If you want to practice reading, read some scientific journals. Read more dense reading to prepare yourself.

I wouldnt waste time doing that. The topics are really not that hard and they give you plenty of time.

seriously, if english is your first language don't sweat it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading is the by far the easiest part on the DAT. :)

My questions were on 1) effects of Mg on heart 2) Secondary messangers 3) Herbal Rememdies

Good Luck!

I had herbal medicine, cyclic amp, and the stock market.

Hope it helps;)

i think mine were astroids, cholesterol, and one other one that i dont remember, but like the others have said, that might not be the best way to go about it.
your best bet is to just read the first question, and the start reading....once you find the answer, read the next qquestion and keep going...obviously not all the questions will be answerable like that, but it get s you a good head start...that what i did at least.
good luck!

your best bet is to just read the first question, and the start reading....once you find the answer, read the next qquestion and keep going...obviously not all the questions will be answerable like that, but it get s you a good head start...that what i did at least.
good luck!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

My passages were on the effects of aging, calcium, and I can't remember the 3rd, (although my coworker had the same 3 passages when she took her DAT's a month before me... random..)

I had the same passages as evlyann. And if you go through each question and then look into the passage thoroughly, the answer will stare you in the face. Its really not that bad...definitely dont spend most of your time studying for it. You will do just fine.

my passages were on Finance, Retinal cancer, and cell signaling
I found them very easy, I never considered myself a great reader but I did suprisingly well so its totally doable for anyone out there that practices some kaplan or topscore stuff beforehand

My questions were on 1) effects of Mg on heart 2) Secondary messangers 3) Herbal Rememdies

Good Luck!

I just took my DAT today and I had the same topics....it was really very easy- I got a 23 on RC :) Really, dont bother preparing for this part of the exam- I only did one practice test for RC on Achiever..... as for technique, reading the question first and searching for the answer in the passage is the way to go :) hope this helps :)