BU vs Tufts vs Penn (esp those that go to these schools)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

proline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are everyone's thoughts comparing BU, Tufts and Penn?

Members don't see this ad.

i <3 BU.

not so much Tufts and Penn.

um, are you nuts? PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN but after PENN probably BU.

Members don't see this ad :)
also please explain why you have made your selections! thanks!

um, are you nuts? PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN PENN but after PENN probably BU.

Please explain why, and why you say probably BU!:eek:

That Biochemistry must be talking, Makemsom :thumbdown:

BU for me.

Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
Class of 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right, we go to the same school. Yea, Makemson is rough, I have like a 74 avg and i think you need 75 for an A....oh well. I know some students at BU and they told me how amazing it is and how well prepared they are when they get out. I have only heard good things from there. Great choice and good luck! Im just waiting for my letter from penn now.....

Everyone is always going to say their school is the best. That is a) wither why they choose that school, or b) the only school they got into; in either case it is important to look at coments about ones own school objectively.

As for BU (my attending school), I can say that most of the professors are really easy-going, and approachable, not to say however the course work is easy.

As for the 3 schools in question: Penn is a great school, there is no question about that, however I was not a big fan of the basement classrooms. The one room looked old, very old. Also, the labs did not seem that great. But the university of Pennsylvaina has great resources!

Tufts I just didnt see myself going there.

BU, I liked it. Classrooms arent enormous, but they are newly rennovated. As stated above the profesors are great. So far I am very happy here...I love Boston.

Hopefully some of my thoughts help a bit...Feel free to ask if they didnt...

...As for BU (my attending school), I can say that most of the professors are really easy-going, and approachable, not to say however the course work is easy...BU, I liked it. Classrooms arent enormous, but they are newly rennovated. As stated above the profesors are great. So far I am very happy here...I love Boston....

This is why I am attending!!

Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine
Class of 2011