med apps tax deductible!

Started by stasy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stasy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you can deduct the cost of med school applications and also the travel expenses on your income tax?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you can deduct the cost of med school applications and also the travel expenses on your income tax?
applications are not considered as part of the education, therefore, they are not an allowable education deduction.
 
If it was required for a class (or your university), it might fit into allowable education expenses.

Honestly, I think it's best not to come here for tax advice; I think the CPA --> MD crowd is underrepresented on these boards. 😉
 
If it was required for a class (or your university), it might fit into allowable education expenses.

Honestly, I think it's best not to come here for tax advice; I think the CPA --> MD crowd is underrepresented on these boards. 😉
I am a CPA, and wife of a future doctor...laptop can be written off as part of education expenses, if you can prove it is an education expense.